• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi R8 GT is a real supercar

I still like the 458 Italia. It burns more from back to front leaving a perfect fog light on the ground to remember the $240K+ you just spent for a roadside bonfire. :smile:

ferrari-458-italia-recalled-over-fire-risk-unconfirmed

http://jalopnik.com/5624193/ferrari-458-italia-recalled-over-fire-risk-unconfirmed

Last edited:
I don't know. I think it's a shame that the new F-cars were burning down. They seem like pretty cool cars that I wouldn't mind owning if I had the means. I'm glad they've been recalled to fix the problem.

As far as the R8 is concerned, is this an inherent problem? If it is, I haven't heard about it.

It's a shame to see someone's vehicle destroyed for any reason.

i did get my ass handed to me last night by an R8 in my stock 91 on the freeway

I wonder if the fire extinguisher really works in the pic above?

Sure it works - if you have a cigarette fire:biggrin:.

It you really want to stop an engine fire then you need a fire suppression system like the one that is found in race cars.

Personally, the last thing I will be doing is fighting a fire if my $250K exotic caught fire. Who would want a partially burned car back. I would be calling the dealership and my insurance agent to get different car.

I don't know. I think it's a shame that the new F-cars were burning down. They seem like pretty cool cars that I wouldn't mind owning if I had the means. I'm glad they've been recalled to fix the problem.

As far as the R8 is concerned, is this an inherent problem? If it is, I haven't heard about it.

It's a shame to see someone's vehicle destroyed for any reason.

I don't think any of the original owners would be that upset about their cars burning to the ground. They're most probably rich enough to get another one. And in terms of reputation and image I don't think Ferrari suffered at all from the burnings. Ferrari is Ferrari.

The only people who really bring up the topic of Ferrari burning are the people who can't afford them to begin with and are just having their chance to swipe at something they know they'll never have.

And being the OP of this thread, I did post it but it was all for fun. I do declare that the Ferrari Italia burning incidents didn't bring its image down for me one bit. If anything, now if it doesn't burn to the ground it's not a real exotic supercar :biggrin:

You really think that just because someone may be rich that they wouldn't mind seeing their new 458 Italia burn to the ground? :confused:

Not if they're going to get another one in its place free of charge.

And look at it this way, the second time around they might even spec it more closely to what they really wanted to have now that they had one for a while.:biggrin:

it would be disastrous to see any car your love burn to the ground but on the other hand you see a lot of people buying really expensive supercars and racing them and smashing them up. They would call it scars of war and be proud of it. It's a supercar. It was always meant to be on the limit of ingenuity and that does mean possible faults burning it to the ground. You want tried and true go Corolla. Can't go wrong there. Supercars are supercars, with traits and all.

You could probably get a smoking deal on that car and then just buff it out.

Again???? :mad::rolleyes:

Back