• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi R8 - One less - Deadly Crash

But the most horrific one was the one involving the Audi R8. A 27-year-old driver, from Gummersbach, lost control of the car in heavy rain. He wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Attachments

• Audi_R8_crash_1w.jpg
    Audi_R8_crash_1w.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 327
  • Audi_R8_crash_3w.jpg
    Audi_R8_crash_3w.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 306
With great power comes great responsibility!

Sad to hear that someone died in such an accident. Looking at the photos, I'm wondering what the driver hit. Was it the side of that green sound wall?

But the most horrific one was the one involving the Audi R8. A 27-year-old driver, from Gummersbach, lost control of the car in heavy rain. He wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, and was pronounced dead at the scene.

I wonder how fast he was going? I've done 80+ in super heavy rain in the NSX with no problems. I would think the AWD would be even better:confused:

very sad... both for a great car and obviously for the families involved...

I hate to say it but that's Darwinism at work.

Although we'll never know, the aftermath looks like it was survivable if he was wearing seatbelts.

I agree, looking at the cockpit of that R8 makes it look like not wearing a seatbelt might have made the difference. You would expect a guy who can afford himself a new Audi R8 to be smart enough to wear a seatbelt.

However, since not more information is given except that this happened in heavy rain it's hard to be sure.

Not wearing a seatbelt in a moving vehicle makes me feel uneasy. Kind of like standing on the edge of a tall building.

The point of impact looks like the drivers side door area. Anything short of a HANS and he would have slapped his head so hard on the b pillar that a seat belt would have been worthless.

Back