• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi R8 Test Drive doesn't go well...

at all...

A 33 year old Man from the town "Woerden" have crashed an Audi R8 during a test drive. He made Saturday afternoon a test drive with a brand-new Audi R8 that not end very well. He made a drivers mistake and the R8 end as a result of it in a ditch. The car is for certain a total loose, the driver and passenger remained unhurt.

The R8 stands at us in "Bodegraven" and is probably no longer repairable say director Westdijk of Van Beynum car repair Ltd.
He values the total damage on ± 200.000,- Euro's.

On the road "Milandweg" in the village "Woerdense verlaat" where 80 Km/h have been permitted, but according to the neighbouring people the R8 drove a lot faster then 80 Km/h. Rumours say 200 km/h would be closer to the truth. According to the police, the driver and driver's mate have however explained that they drove approximately 130 kilometres per hour...

image_01.jpg

image_02.jpg

image_03.jpg

image_05.jpg

image_06.jpg

image_07.jpg

I wonder what the purpose of verring off a straight road was? :confused: It looks like he ran off then overcorrected.

He almost cleared the water. I bet the landing would have been a lot harder if he made the other side of the bank.

Send it to me. I'll shine it up and put it in my living room as an objet d'art and conversation piece.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I think that will buff out.

2 questions

1 Why did he wreck on a straight rd. Must have overcorrected like someone mentioned but damn, c'mon man, what a Moron.

2 How did he get to the other bank? His tire was obviously on the ashpalt when he left the road. couldn't have floated up the bank, so what?

:redface::redface: I've been in a car in a similar situation (as a passenger). It was actually backed into a pond at speed, but the end result looked the same. Thank god it was just a VW Golf and not an R8.

I give him a 9.6432 thats 10 points for difficulty, 10 points for execution of the routine, 9 points for nearly cross the water, and lastly ZERO for FAIL. Oh wait,it's not china.........

As for front tire, the bottom of the car is probably VERY smooth and flat. Sorta like the Lotus Exige/Elise and the many converted nsx's here on prime. So I bet it just skipped on the bottom and glided across the water since there is nothing to cause much drag.

Speaking of R8, check out this 24 hour ring racer
Audi%20R8%20Nurburgring%2024%20Racer%201.jpg

Last edited:
I give him a 9.6432 thats 10 points for difficulty, 10 points for execution of the routine, 9 points for nearly cross the water, and lastly ZERO for FAIL. Oh wait,it's not china.........

As for front tire, the bottom of the car is probably VERY smooth and flat. Sorta like the Lotus Exige/Elise and the many converted nsx's here on prime. So I bet it just skipped on the bottom and glided across the water since there is nothing to cause much drag.

Speaking of R8, check out this 24 hour ring racer
Audi%20R8%20Nurburgring%2024%20Racer%201.jpg

I thought Steve McQueen was dead.:confused:

Yes, one less Audi on the road.... probably trying to avoid wildlife crossing the road in the middle of no where. while doing well over triple digits speed. Stupidity thats all.

2 questions

1 Why did he wreck on a straight rd. Must have overcorrected like someone mentioned but damn, c'mon man, what a Moron.

2 How did he get to the other bank? His tire was obviously on the ashpalt when he left the road. couldn't have floated up the bank, so what?

He could have tried to avoid an animal crossing:wink:

Back