• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi RS6 - UNREAL!

A work colleague of mine owns a 2010 RS6 in white that he had Audi Exclusive do a custom red/black interior on. Its lovely and he let me have a go in it.:smile:

I don't think I've ever driven a faster vehicle in my life and one that keeps on pulling and pulling. From a stand still its mental. From 140km/h to 240km/h you are simply a passenger in a rocket. The most impressive part was the sound that resonates from the exhaust and the "blurp" the exhaust bellows when it automatically shifts in Sport mode. Torque is another matter and simply pushes you back into your seat.

As its a twin-turbo V10 I just can't imagine driving anything more powerful yet more powerful cars do exist. His brother owns a 2010 tuned GT-R which Mohammad claims eats the RS6 for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hopefully I get to drive that or ride in it next week.

I should take a video of me giggling shouldn't I? LOL :biggrin:

262221_10150266282248534_191449448533_7503945_8035904_n.jpg

One of my best friends RS6, its a lot of fun to drive and very fast. If in the US i would consider a newer one

yeah they have the same engine in the higher end R8 V10 5.2 quat
same exact engine.

so why buy an R8 when you can have the same engine in the cheaper version. they use 80% of the R8 parts are from other models of audi.

they also have the lower end which is a V8

Rendering of the 2012 Audi RS6.

audi_rs6_by_edl_design4.jpg

My Brother In law has a B5 S4 with the Stage III done. It is hands down the fastest car I have ever driven and it is just the 2.7 BiTurbo (upgraded) We ran it from Denver to Central Michigan overnight a few years back- it just howls.

I can't imagine what the RS6 with a 5.0 BiTurbo is like to run, but i imagine when it hooks up it might seem like the jump to plaid in spaceballs...

My Brother In law has a B5 S4 with the Stage III done. It is hands down the fastest car I have ever driven and it is just the 2.7 BiTurbo (upgraded) We ran it from Denver to Central Michigan overnight a few years back- it just howls.

I can't imagine what the RS6 with a 5.0 BiTurbo is like to run, but i imagine when it hooks up it might seem like the jump to plaid in spaceballs...

What sorta power are we talking about here?

Ludicrous Speed, Go!!! Spaceballs FTW!

I also own a B5 S4 in Imola Yellow but it's stock :frown:. Your bother-in-law, did he go with the AWE-Tuning RSK04 Turbo kit? Because if he did, I am beyond jealous! I can't go with that kit since they only offer it for the 6MT. Mine is a sad automatic. Well that, and that kit costs as much as just buying another S4.

What sorta power are we talking about here?

He never dyno'd the car. He bought it at that stage of tune when he returned from Iraq in 09'. It was never a magnificent car other than the power- the interior had been out and put back in sloppily, and the body needed attention but he bought it as a project thinking the two of us could shine it up and make it nice.

Unfortunately he only got to drive it for about 3 months, and then he turned it over to a "racing engine" builder he had met who was supposed to upgrade to the internals (pistons, rods) and upgrade the heads. It's a long story, but the car has been in the shop for about 2 years now. Ever since then we call it the Blue Unicorn because if you had never seen it, you'd think it never existed...

Builder is a real scumbag IMO, but Clay won't let me get involved. He is actually supposed to get the car back in a week or so, at which point I am having it towed to a local Audi/VW tuner for a good once over.

Before anyone asks: No I have no idea how he has not flipped the F___ out over having his car in the shop for 2 years. Yes I wanted to hire an attorney, no he would not let me. I guess the guy is also a vet, and he has had some troubles over the past 2 years.... Ugh.

I do not believe the new RS6 to be available in the US.

Sweet cars though.

The older 03-04 style has a strenuous maintenance schedule including timing belt changes every 45k as well as issues with the notoriously bad transmission.

Since the 2010 RS6 dosen't seem to be available in the US, what about the 2007 - 2009 S8's? In the long run would they be a good sedan with similar traits as the 2010 RS6?

Im waiting for the V8 R8 to come down in price. That will be the only thing that would replace my NSX with realistically speaking. Blk/blk with the carbon package.

Since the 2010 RS6 dosen't seem to be available in the US, what about the 2007 - 2009 S8's? In the long run would they be a good sedan with similar traits as the 2010 RS6?

S8 is larger car and 450 HP with normally aspirated V10. Had a 2008 S8 in our family and was sad to see it leave. Probably does not have quite the punch the RS6 has nor the tuning upgrades available. However, newest S8 with be V8 Twin Turbo (derivative of forthcoming Bentley application). See more here:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_7148.shtml

A fantastic highway cruiser that still handled quite well when pushed. Still a great car along with styling that I think looks better than the newest Audi 8 bodystyle. Go for it if you can find one well maintained and better with CPO.

Thank you txtony, this info helps. We are looking to replace our sedan and looking at options that fit both our our criteria.

S8 is larger car and 450 HP with normally aspirated V10. Had a 2008 S8 in our family and was sad to see it leave. Probably does not have quite the punch the RS6 has nor the tuning upgrades available. However, newest S8 with be V8 Twin Turbo (derivative of forthcoming Bentley application). See more here:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_7148.shtml

A fantastic highway cruiser that still handled quite well when pushed. Still a great car along with styling that I think looks better than the newest Audi 8 bodystyle. Go for it if you can find one well maintained and better with CPO.

Had an S8. They are really awesome cars. Reliability of the Lambo V10 is suprisingly decent.

They are a step up on the ladder in prestige from the RS6. One of the best interiors available, Lambo exhaust note, Aluminum construction, and so on.

I was not aware the C6 RS6 was available in Canada. Picking mine(c5) up tomorrow from shop....just had catless downpipes/non resonated Milltek exhaust installed and an updated RNS-E nav system. It is definitely the ultimate sleeper!!!!

I've got a Misano Red RS6. it's a monster, that's for sure. I hit 150+ just this past saturday heading down the road. No traffic, it was pretty much effortless.

I've got the Milltek cats and resonated exhaust. IDK if i would redo that. $5000 for an exhaust.. kind of pricey, considering it made minimal dyno #s. It sure does sound great, though. Just not $5000 great. Also i have an aquamist water injection system to keep me at full power year round, and the OCT reflash.

One thing i'd say is unimpressive... the interior longevity... that rubberized coating looks good... for about 3 days, till it starts peeling. Also, I have 5 buttons that have worn to the point where you can't tell what the button does (though since i own the car i have no problem figuring it out). And that's at 75000 miles.

Oh yeah. 75k service is due. Ah. Yeah. That's going to hurt me to the tune of probably $3500.

Back