• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aust. Dyno Results

I thought i would start a new thread for dyno results. I think it is worth a different thread to the American ones due to the different dynos and ways used to calculate the final number.
Typically Dyno Dynamics in Shootout mode is the usual ones used for the bigger events to ensure the most evenly calibrated between states and workshops. This is usually why the American numbers are always higher than what we expect.
Anyway here is the result from my '91 auto. It has intake and cat back exhaust as the only engine mods. Note the drop off from one of the runs due to hitting the speed limiter in third.

Attachments

• NSX Base Dyno.jpg
    NSX Base Dyno.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
The inverted Lambda figures up to 6,000rpm on the two runs looks a bit weird

Here's mine of 5yrs ago have done more mods since so i looking at nudging 200kw atw's.

Note the Lambda readings they start rich then leans off at redline just about all NSX's without some form of fuel control mods will be extremely lean before v-tech then go's very rich to redline

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 279
Here's an old one of Mine with GT35R & OEM Manual 3.0. Now updated to T04Z specs. Yet to dyno with the new turbo & numerous other Mods.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Hi Eckers,
I've had numerous dynos with my 2 NSX but its been a few years since i did dyno though. These are the numbers I got:

NA1 Manual
1. Stock: 175 RWKW
2. Airbox, full exhaust 188RWKW

NA2 Manual
2. Airbox, full exhaust 195RWKW

As you can tell its all relative. You have to stick to same dyno and similar temps and environs.

Wayne- SC ?

Thanks

Thanks guys,
Would anyone know why i would have those weird lamda jumps?
I assume that once i get a piggyback unit for tuning (for the s/c hopefully next year) this would be fixed.

It appears roughly speaking auto's loose about 8% more than manuals, is this a fair assumption?

I have a goal of 225rwkw through the auto, but no more.

here's my dyno history, the first 3 are Dyno Dynamics, the last was on a Mainline Dynolog :
2007 April, stock NA1 - 144.5kW
2007 Nov, added Top Speed headers and GTLW exhaust - 168.3kW
2009 Jun, at a different dyno dynamics facility - 177.6
2009 Dec, no changes but on a Mainline Dynolog - 147kW (the car was performing the same as in June run, but this just shows how much dynos can differ!!)

BTW ... all australian dyno runs should be in kW !!! :smile:

Attachments

• NSX dyno 2009-06-03b (177kW).pdf
    160.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
here's my dyno history, the first 3 are Dyno Dynamics, the last was on a Mainline Dynolog :
2007 April, stock NA1 - 144.5kW
2007 Nov, added Top Speed headers and GTLW exhaust - 168.3kW
2009 Jun, at a different dyno dynamics facility - 177.6
2009 Dec, no changes but on a Mainline Dynolog - 147kW (the car was performing the same as in June run, but this just shows how much dynos can differ!!)

BTW ... all australian dyno runs should be in kW !!! :smile:
100% correct sparky.
Every dyno seems to give a different result in KW's.
I've just had mine tuned and got 250kw on the rear wheels but i know the dyno i'm using is known for giving lower readings.

I guess you're FI then funky! Damn annoying to only have 250 wkW then :rolleyes:
Sounds like you totally missed my point.
I'm really happy with results so far and there's more to come over the next few days.
I would think it would be more annoying watching my cars rear end sail off in the distance.:smile:

Just got mine dyno'd today.

160.2 rwkw, just has exhaust atm, the graph says its PRO Dyne, I dont know much about dyno's so I cant really tell if this is a standard reading or not, And im confused about the torque reading as well, i know the nsx has somewhere around 280nm, but this graph is saying it has 498.2nm at the rears, that seems way to high to me, someone care to explain, I can post up a pic if you would like.

that's probably the force of 498 newtons exerted by rear wheels on dyno drum. If the drum has a radius of say 0.5m then the torque is 498 x 0.5 = 249Nm

actually I totally got it. sorry my attempt at humour may have been a bit too sarcastic. 250 wkw is v.excellent of course, especially on a conservative dyno ...
And i thought i was sarcastic!:smile:
No Drama sparky.
I'm picking it up today.
The main relay for the fuel pump gave up just before i was to pick it up a couple of weeks ago, and i've been waiting to get one in. but now she's ready to go.
I gave it a drive the other day and its got heaps of torque and flies through the rev range yet the rear end handles the power very well.
I will post more later when i get to drive it a bit.

Last edited:
Les, what was your Dyno peak when you first got your NSX, assuming it was stock before all your mods ?

Dunno i started modding it the day i got it.

I reckon you started thinking about modding NSXes before you were born :biggrin:

how about we do a double NSX dyno at RPM soon ? it's about time we re-baselined yours, and I think mine may have learnt how to extract a few more kW from the RDX injectors over last couple of weeks

Sure lets do it soon i'm off to sleepy NSX territory Melb. tomorrow back on Monday (doubt i'll see an NSX on the road theres a hint of rain expected:biggrin:)

I'm a bit concerned about your injector installation give me a call when you're free.

Just got my 1991 NSX NA1 Manual Dynoe'd today at MSC Performance made a healthy 178.8 RWKW. Car is totally stock besides SOS headers and K&N drop in filter. I am very happy with the result.

IMG_1541.jpg

Last edited:
...very good power for a 3.0 N/A engine. Don't know any other car maker that would make that kind of power without a supercharger or Turbo bolted on.
<script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script><script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script>

Back