• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Austin or San Antonio

I will be back in Texas this week and will have a free weekend. I was curious where would be the best place to go. I will be with the wife and would like to go to some local resturants and like the live music scene that Austin has to offer.
Trip advisor leads me to think that 6th street is more for the college crowd, at 53 I don't know if we would feel comfortable. We make a couple of trips a year to Beale street in memphis and have a good time, could I expect the same atmosphere in Austin or does San Antonio have something more interesting to offer.

East Austin and Warehouse District / West Downtown both have plenty of nice spots to dine, lounge, and enjoy. 6th Street is younger/louder crowd so to speak. But there's a lot of other areas in/around downtown.

Live-music is a'plenty but requires some research to find the genre+location that suits your preferences.

For reference: Do512.com, Austin360.com, AustinChronicle.com

I'll see which of the Local NSX crew is around this weekend and perhaps we call can have brunch/lunch.

The San Antonio Riverwalk is a great place for "Middle Aged" folks like us. Great restaurants, shops and hotels.

Back