• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto Modellista

For those who has PS2, get this game.

It's just pure eye candy to look at an NSX in cell shaded graphics, not to mention on a HD plasma screen. Definitely a different feel to GT3.

Sorry, no 2002+ models there :p

Last edited:
I gotta get me a plasma TV. Wait a minute, I don't want to have to sell my house just to have it. I'll have to stick with my Sony Trinitron for now. :p

Been there done that! Pros of having a "JDM" PS2! :D

It's nice to have the Marga hills and the Office Kai bodykit for the NSX!

Another fav. PS2 game for me would be the Tokyo Extreme Racer series.... mmm... the choices are endless when it comes to modifying my NSX!

Yea, I know. The Japanese version came out last August but the reason it took so long for the U.S. version is probably due to online play. It sounds crazy and silly but I'm seeing this picture, an online meet!!

The last time I played Tokyo Xtreme Racer was the Zero version it came out on the PS2 like 2 years ago. That was a fun game too.

NsxJoy said:
Yea, I know. The Japanese version came out last August but the reason it took so long for the U.S. version is probably due to online play. It sounds crazy and silly but I'm seeing this picture, an online meet!!

The Japanese version has online play as well.

I think the primary reason it took longer than expected is because of the fact that they did a lot of revamping of the game.

The Japanese version seriously lacked in driving physics... forget drifting every single car would push like hell regardless of the suspension setup, and pulling the handbrake would automatically spin you and leave you going 10 mph regardless of how fast you were going to begin with, hitting the dirt would drop your speed from 160 mph to 20 mph in about 10 feet, no exaggeration.

It was damn pretty though I can tell you that. I was expecting that game to be the next GT3, it had so much hype to begin with... oh well. Everything else about the game was so much fun, modifying the cars, paintjobs, bodykits, I'm sure online play rocks, and the graphics are just great...

BUT in its defense, I heard that Capcom took the criticism's to heart and worked to fix the US version.

I haven't played the US version, but this time I'm not going so gung ho into it, just in case its a let down.

The biggest downside to the game for me personally is that it doesn't give you the option to use the rght analog stick for braking and accerleration. With the button as the gas pedal, it's like you either floor the gas or no gas. I really don't think this game's buttons are pressure sensitive, even if they are, it's still not as accurate as the analog stick.

I'm not trying to bash the game, I really liked the graphics and effects. The gameplay and tracks are quite attractive, too. It's no Gran Turismo, that's for sure but the online feature is a plus plus. I just wanna see for those NSXers who has PS2s and still have a young heart, we can have a little virtual racing fun.

Hey some other people that know about the Tokyo Xtreme Racer Series. Well if anyone wants to know some answers about this series ask me I'm a TXR Master. I have written a GameFaq on TXR2. I beat TXR1 with a Toyota Corrola, which is a very crappy car, and I have played most of Zero. Also there is a TXR Online coming out soon in this year or next year. It is called Shukotuo Battle Online. In this game you can race, chat, swap parts, form teams, with other people on the highways of tokyo. Also now there is three tracks available to choose from making the total miles of use about 600-800 miles of real highways and roads. Also when you race you have 99 available rivals to challenge in the track. It is going to be great. Here are some links a pic and if you live in Japan you can download the demo and race people online alread.

http://sb-online.genki.co.jp/img/chat01.gif

http://skbonline.cplaza.ne.jp/index-gnk.html

http://www.nifty.com/sb-online/adsl.html

http://sbdl.genki.co.jp:8080/sb-online/sbol101b1.exe

For all you racing gamers this would be a great game to get. Hopefully some of you still remember my idea of making a nsx prime team. Well the time is getting near when would can make this possible. Hope most of you guys join and race.

Not that impressed with it

I didn't pick it up after watching a coworker play it. I just wasn't that impressed with their take on cel-shaded...the look just didn't come together for me. I expected more anime looking, with cooler traveling highlights, more dynamic shading, and more stylized backgrounds. This just seemed to simplistic.

Plus, he wasn't terribly thrilled with the feeling of the controls...both of us are far more into Gran Tursimo.

As for a Prime Team...I'll consider joining such a thing when the next (and online) Gran Turismo comes out.

Anyone ever played Need For Speed: Hot Persuit 2 (PS2)? My friend rented it. We didn't really get far into it, but the arcade mode was really fun. There seemed to be a lot to do in the "sim" mode, but I didn't get to try it.

i had tokyo extreme racer on the dreamcast, nsx modifying until the wee hours of the morn.....anyone know if midnight club 2 features an nsx?

Anyone ever played Need For Speed: Hot Persuit 2 (PS2)?

Yeah, I played a bit of my coworker's copy when he was into it. I had a HUGE problem with their decision to lock the frame rate at 30fps instead of 60 (although, that, in many ways, was an improvement for the NFS series on PlayStation), but the game was still fun (love all the police chatter).

But I far preferred Burnout 2, which came out around the same time as NFS:HP2. It didn't have the cool cars, but the 60hz gameplay and crash physics were superior (we still play the crash mode during lunch breaks).

I was playing Auto Modellista this weekend, I don't see what's so special about such a "cartoonish" game, and plus, the simulation sucks.

akira3d said:
Yeah, I played a bit of my coworker's copy when he was into it. I had a HUGE problem with their decision to lock the frame rate at 30fps instead of 60 (although, that, in many ways, was an improvement for the NFS series on PlayStation), but the game was still fun (love all the police chatter).

Yeah NFS:HP2 is one hell of a game. I've probably sunk 50+ hours into it, most of them just foolin around. I managed to earn 5,500,000 points and all of the cars. But I'd have to say the F50 is still my all time favorite. The McLaren's and CLK-GTR's are just too fast. The game becomes twitchy if you drive them.

Also nothing beats the "I'm a cop" mode. Especially against a friend. I would have liked to have seen an I-link version of I'm a cop (to prevent peeking at the other guys screen)...

Redeye

Im waiting for Shutokou Battle 01 (Probably will be called Tokyo Extreme Racer 01 in the US). Next in ther Tokyo Extreme Racer Series, after Zero for the PS2.

Aiken Drum said:
Oh, I'm betting I'm not the only one who made his NSX money by working on videogames.

See, when you work on games, you have to do a lot of research. Wink wink, nudge nudge. ;)

Hmm, I've wanted do character design for videogames/movies/RPGs for forever. You guys don't have any connections, do you? (I don't mean 3-D modelling, but drawing concept sketches and stuff like that). I just have no idea where to start.

Where do you work that people play videogames with you?

I suppose this was directed towards me...and both Aiken Drum and FuryNSX answered for me.

Yes, I made my NSX money working in games...and I spend much of my lunch hour researching the latest games (I have a PS2 debug unit under my desk i-linked to three others, keep a GameBoy Advance SP on my desk, and can play games on all of the systems in our employee lounge).

A lot of research goes on during our lunch. Over the past couple of weeks I've seen my coworkers playing MotoGP3 (PS2), Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Puyo Pop (GBA SP), The Getaway (PS2), Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 (PS2), Burnout 2 (PS2), Metroid Fusion (GBA SP), Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA SP), Doom II (GBA SP). Note which system I never see people playing...

Yeah, "that" system leaves a bad taste in my mouth... there's something just boring about it (the controller is horrid, too). GT3 is all the videogame I need, anyway (Hooray for Sony).

Back