• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto to man conversations and OEM parts suppliers.

Hey I was wondering if any of you have experience in auto to manual conversations on nsx’s. Were or are there any big issues you ran into. I’ve done a couple of conversations to manuals, but I’ll be honest…never on a mid ship car. Before you ask, I did a search and couldn’t find anything on the site.

Another problem I’ve ran into is the fact I cant seem to find an OEM supplier for parts. I know they were/are(God willing) a limited run car but I cant seem to find someone outside of a dealership where I could get OEM(JDM if applicable) parts.

These were a couple of little tech related questions I have. I’m use to rebuilding(read: salvage title) cars. But I can’t seem to source anything through my guys in Houston.

Any help in the form of links or phone numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does FactorX have a running website? I tried the one in there profile and it wouldn’t run up.

Thanks guys, you’ve all been great so far.

thanks I didnt get those when I did a search, but the parts and website question stand.

thank you again.

I believe Honda (Acura) only sells parts through its dealerships. So if you're getting it from someone else, you're paying them for being the middleman with a dealership.

That being said... why don't you just get your parts from a dealership? If you're going to be buying a lot of OEM parts, they will probably work with you and give you a discount. Obviously, this is something where some dealer parts departments are more willing to negotiate better discounts than others. You might also consider joining the NSX Club of America and using the club member discount to get parts from dealers like Goodson in Dallas.

archangel0585 said:
does FactorX have a running website?
Yes, at www.factorxengineering.com, but it appears to be down.

thats a good call, I'm just not finding as solid a third party after market as I thought there would be.

not alot of JDM engines laying around haha.

thanks for the help.

alot easier to just buy a manual. Big, big headaches :wink:

for 6k I'll do the wrench work and buy some asrpin... but not if I cant find the parts haha.

archangel0585 said:
for 6k I'll do the wrench work and buy some asrpin... but not if I cant find the parts haha.

JUST THINK ABOUT THE POOR RESALE VALUE :rolleyes:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
alot easier to just buy a manual. Big, big headaches :wink:
It also makes a lot more sense from a financial standpoint, in almost all cases, to sell the automatic car and buy a manual one...

true enough, but in the long run resale isnt an issue. I drive them until they go haha :cool: thanks for the advice.

I've done stuff like this...it requires an unbeliveable number of small parts. And a few major ones: I can't even guess what a pedal and/or instrument cluster retails for....

I hope in addition to your project car you have purchased a +complete+ manual donor car. You will also need a lot of floor space, bags and a lot of time. You sell what is left over or you don't need while you are doing the project, ebay makes that part much easier.

Converting an NSX drive train is worthwhile ONLY if you have a lot of <b>free</b> time. Special note on the term FREE TIME, not only must you have a lot of it...it must not be worth a whole lot.

I wish I had a lot of the time back I spent on the cold garage floor pulling off stunts that nobody else thought was reasonable. Then again, I really didn't have anything better to do with my time, either. And it wasn't all that expensive either... Saying all that: I really wish I had that time back.

I don't question your ability, I question your reasoning.

If this is a "quest", then I say: do it. But have a complete manual car on hand to ensure that you won't have a pile of slag in your garage.

Drew

/had lots of ability, but no viable opportunity...so I had to wait a long time with low paying jobs to build up enough money to make my own opportunity

you know to be honest..... it's not a quest it was thought.

and now it died haha

Back