• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autorotor Blower High Boost

Well its been a long time since Ive posted up on here, but here it goes. Have had my blower since the first Autorotor nopi group buy....2006 maybe? mostly its been a good system although with the first fru there was defiantly some pre detonation, the situation was remedied pretty quickly with the updated fru and since the car was tuned as well as possible with a dynojet and the only adjustment being the fuel pressure regulator. I finally got a wild hair up my ass this fall and with a kick in the butt from a friend "it will be easy" decided to go high boost.The project took me a long time and was much more complex then i bargained for, my friend had stripped an fic and some 450cc injectors when he sold his nsx and gave them to me a couple years earlier ,his suggestion was to used the donated parts. I wanted to use an after cooler but opted for meth injection. step 1 order walbro 255, and aem meth injection + a 5 gal. reservoir, step 2 get walbro installed , step 3 find decent garage and try to coordinate with friend to start work, this step proved more challenging then I bargained. After 4 or five weeks we got the all the stock comptech parts that trick the stock ems components out of the car and the 450 cc mits. injectors and fic installed with basic base map , car would not start after a slight mistake.... oh ya it needs a fuel pressure regulator, so as quickly a possible I ordered the adapter for a stock regulator to fit on comptech rails. Ok car starts next step add meth injection, this step never quite gets there, after finally doing some research on prime i was talked out of meth because apparently all the heat dissipation is lost in the twin screw compressor before it can do anything of much value, more research for obd1 fic is basically just another piggy back band aide, still not quite clear why it is of more value on obd2, time to order aem ems v2. And then I had an innovation uego sniffer/gauge i had for years but hadn't installed but still needed another sniffer for the other bank so i opted for the aem inline. In the midst of this i decided to buy another house with a possible second lot and move into this old house after remodeling it and moving out of the house id lived for 23 years, and then o ya i better add another bedroom to the house i moved out of have no renters and get slapped wrists for forgetting permits,needless to say the car project slowed down again. I have the nsx towed to another friends shop and we start dropping exhaust to weld bungs in pre cats, while Ark exhaust is out we acid wash it for good measure. Then there is the tuner issue, after more research i have a couple choices but man these guys can be prima donna's and sometimes down right flakes ....hmmmmm. At the suggestion of sos i look for a dynapack dyno there are 2 in the state that i found and after 2 flakey supposedly great tuners repeatedly did not return calls or other little red flags i opt out of the dyno pack that is 60 miles away and opt for a shop that is about 125 miles away with a tuner there , a place called speedfactory. After getting a hold of them, Leary of these tuners at this point i am told ,by James the tuner at speedfactory,the innovation and aem sniffers may read differently and it is suggested i get the same brand so i get an aem afr gauge/sniffer to match the aem inline. Exhaust is reinstalled sniffers installed and wires routed, and then there is the change out of the stock comptech belt tension-er with an sos no slip tention-er. Next out goes fic and stock brain and in goes aem v2 not to painful except for the interception of the vtec wires, following instructions me and friend spend 1 1/2 hours trying to get the yellow and blue yellow wires out following the instructions exactly got me nowhere but buggered up vtec wire plug and pins, ouch. I recruit a friend who is a honda tech to help and yes indeed the pins are now stuck, I ask him to show me how it should go and in less then 30 seconds he pops a different pin i ask him to do it again same results, by the way the techs method was nothing like the instructions said to do...bad info. After much distraught on my part he finally gets vtec wires out and we insert aem source wires/plug he then crimps pins on the 2 5 volt outputs from inline sensor and afr sensor and the sensor ground from the inline and add them to the plug to connect to aem v2. I also needed to decide where to mount afr gauge and after looking on prime again I decide I would like gauge the coin tray , that part went well. OK wires run, secured, crimped and all back together the car comes down off stands and AAA tows my car the following day down to Tacoma,Wa. to speedfactory. The morning starts out like one of those days that wont end up well, finally I arrive at the shop and the flat bed drops off me and my car. After an about 1 1/2 hours they get the car started, this is when things start getting good, James at Speed factory is beyond good and thorough he is amazing and spent at least 5 hours fine tuning my car as if it were his own , he explained what he was doing when i asked, and then later explained because he wanted to. I trust him explicitly and will not let anyone else ever touch the aem. The 450 cc mits. injectors ,that i had been a little concerned about ,were a bit out dated ended up being an issue they maxed out at about 7600 RPM we thought about changing regulator but was a tight fit , we then tried compressing the hat of the stock regulator at my request but ended up setting the rev limiter at 7500 RPM and are pretty much done until I change to some 550 cc pencil core injectors. I asked James if he’d driven an nsx and to my surprise he hadn't so i let him take the 91 out for a spin and after taking a drive he wanted to do a little more safety tuning so went go for a drive with him on the laptop and me driving. He does the last bit of the fine tuning and by that time its past 6:00 p.m., this guy is solid , professional, and is very very good at what he does, for anyone interested here is a link to James site

http://www.speedfactoryracing.net/

End result rwhp prior to hi boost 347 after all work and tuning done 406 rwhp 301 ft, lbs. torque
the car feels very good and I am very happy with the tune and end result of all labor

hope not to many typo's other then one long ass looking paragraph.....lol

Last edited:
So what's "high boost"? And this is no meth, right? I'm shocked you're saying 450cc is not enough, I was thinking of RDX injectors.

That's an incredible increase by the way.

No Meth is correct, the tuner and the Dynapack were both excellent and the reading was a little over 10 lbs of boost. Injectors were made for a Mitsubishi and definitely maxed out at 100 % at 7600 rpm

I guess I'm a bit confused. Are you just not revving beyond 7600 now? I wonder of my plan on RDX injectors is flawed. After all they are the same CC as your mits injectors even if a different brand.

I guess I'm a bit confused. Are you just not revving beyond 7600 now? I wonder of my plan on RDX injectors is flawed. After all they are the same CC as your mits injectors even if a different brand.

I still think RDX injectors should be fine. You can coax 510cc/min at 60psi rail pressure (I'm sure you know this), and that is according to prospeed. The op says he's using the adapter (SoS I'm guessing) for the use of the stock fpr which might be preset to a lower psi? Thus limiting the injectors? Just a thought.

Back