• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AutoShow Report - New NSX replacement this year! With link!!!

Acura

After launching the redesigned RL sedan last year, Acura enters the 2006 model year with few changes. The RSX and RSX Type-S resume their racecar performance and luxury coupe styling with the debut of the freshened 2006 models. Designed for the driving enthusiast, the RSX offers razor-sharp handling, an interior layout designed around its driver, and in the Type-S, the thrill of a powerful 2.0-liter engine that draws on a technologically advanced i-VTEC system. The seven-passenger MDX offers new interior options that continue to surround the occupants in the latest technology and luxury amenities. Acura has made several revisions to the TL to improve noise, vibration and harshness control in its best-selling vehicle. An acoustically tuned glass windshield, thickened door glass and 3M Thinsulate insulation reduce noise, while redesigned A-pillars improve aerodynamics. Hitting showroom floors in 2006 as a 2007 model is the all-new RDX sport/utility vehicle. Built on a new, lower, light truck platform, the RDX offers greater agility and control. The super-handling all-wheel-drive system and heated, fog-free windshield provide the driver with greater control in all weather conditions. Late in 2006, Acura will release a new model to replace the NSX. The TSX receives mild restyling and increased engine performance for 2006.

Unfortunately - it is the legendary Western Mass Auto Show!

http://www.masslive.com/hampfrank/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1141139370225230.xml&coll=1

Anyway - they must have heard this from somewhere. I am trying to get more information.

RP-Motorsports said:
Hmmm I think they are on crack.

It would not leak to a Mass auto show, unless it did "leak" prematurely, and someone will lose their job over it. There is no way they would just sell a 07 car in late 06, without any auto show rep of the production car.

Not saying I disagree with you - just that the whole thing looks like a cut and paste job. Could have been a typo but it doesn't look editorialized. Even Microsoft slips sometimes (Vista versions accidentally slipped out last week).

Very interesting. Trying to get the editor to respond - we shall see if they do and reveal a source.

A couple weeks ago I dropped the official bomb on the NSX name change (quoted from a Honda exec in the Australian press) and now this! I am the ultimate NSX insider!

:)

matteni said:
A couple weeks ago I dropped the official bomb on the NSX name change (quoted from a Honda exec in the Australian press) and now this! I am the ultimate NSX insider!
:)

Sorry Nick, but these "news" were reported first in 2003 by yours trully... :wink:

probably the reason you felt no-one cared at the time you posted your thread...
matteni said:
I thought this was earth shattering. You have a Honda official talking directly to the press and tells them, for the first time (that I can find), that the NSX name will not carry on. By the view count I guess people don't much care as much about stuff like this as they used to.

:confused:

:D

No sweat and didn't go through your whole thread but show me again a direct quote from a Honda rep that the NSX name would be dropped. I still think this was the first direct Honda announcement.

:confused:

They probably got their information from the October 2005 MotorTrend that gives the same info.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/concepts/112_0510_acura_nsx/index.html

But there have been so many changes in plan since 2005, for all we know they meant MDX instead of NSX. Sort of the same mistake I made when I bought my Ns...I mean MDX. I waited since 91 for one of these bad boys and now my money is burning a hole in the bank for the next generation. I just hope I get something similar to the HSC and not the picture rendered above. If that's the case I may have to pull the trigger on a second hand F360 or an Orange Gallardo.

Back