• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autowave made Little Joe a Super Car!

I was going to sell my '91 A/T (Little Joe, originally owned by Michael Landon) because the headers, cat, and intake were just not making it. Before I did I started talking to CT and they told me with my setup, the new S/C would change my whole point of view. Thought it was kind of pricey for 40-50hp.

They also told me if I talked to Shane at Autowave, and that he could find a way to make it very worth my while. AEM does not make an EMS for the A/T. Shane's son Michael figured out a harness that worked with my original ECU. Little Joe Dyno'd at 330.6 hp (almost 90 hp Dyno delta!) at the wheel with a high boost pulley pushing 7.5 lbs of boost. Bigger injectors, Uega, new fuel pump, they knew exactly the right combo to dial this SC in.

The car now feels like one of those 70s IMSA cars. It has a whistle and almost a bark that is instantaneous with the throttle. On the pipe with a great linear POP, it is full of torque and pull and the A/T seems to love it. 68K miles with new t-belt, gaskets, seals and Autowave working their magic this is now my dream car, out Porsche hunting...

Autowave is the gold standard when it comes to tuning the NSX for the road or track. Out of all the hot rod and exotic tuners in the Country, they were the ones everybody knew and recommended, from CT to AEM to other Tuners. With the EMS they got every inch out of the upgrades.

Great Guys, worked with me on the price, the shop had 6 or 7 NSXs in there including a wild ass race car with 600 hp they were getting ready for a race. Cannot tell anyone enough how much I look forward to turning the key in the morning. If you have an NSX and you might be getting kind of bored waiting for the V-tec to kick to get "that feeling", go see Shane!

Sincerely, Dave

Great to see your post and congratulations on making Little Joe fun to drive again. Spoke to Shane yesterday and he was very happy with how everything turned out. My NSX should be back together soon with some new trick stuff and Autowave is the only place I trust to do it right every time. Autowave all the way! Congrats again.

Best Regards,

Danny

Great to see your post and congratulations on making Little Joe fun to drive again. Spoke to Shane yesterday and he was very happy with how everything turned out. My NSX should be back together soon with some new trick stuff and Autowave is the only place I trust to do it right every time. Autowave all the way! Congrats again.

Best Regards,

Danny

Do you have any vids of your car at the SPort Compact Car Challenge?

Do you have any vids of your car at the SPort Compact Car Challenge?

Yes, but on some pretty old school video tape. Thanks for your interest and now back to Little Joe.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
littlejoe - you bought that car from Dallas correct? I met the previous owner several times as he used to bring packages to my office for shipping. We talked Acura's a couple of times (I had my Legend at work then) and he said he'd never really been interested in modifying it. I'm glad to see that car finally got some respectable mods going on!!!

I actually bought the car from Bill Quinn from LA. 84 yo guy who bought it from the Landon estate and basically put it in his garage. Had 19K on it almost 6 years ago. Bill used to be an editor for Car & Driver or one of the big Mags and used to race some of the old Movie Stars up on Mulholland in the 40s! Pretty cool history anyway.

Congrats! Autowave is a top notch shop run by top notch people. Good choice on taking the car there - you won't be disapointed.

Last edited:
Back