• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

autowave or niguel motors

who is your TB/WP/mechanical issue shop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of all the posts I read, not one mention that Ramon is a certified, former mechanic of Mission Viejo Acura. His friend Shane of Aliso Viejo Auto Service, a mechanic 2 miles away from Niguel Motors also worked with Ramon at Acura

I use Shane of Aliso Viejo for my S2000. When I asked him to work on my NSX, he pointed his fingers at Ramon and his expertise of the NSX from Mission Viejo Acura.

There are plenty of good people, and plenty of business to go around. It just happened that Ramon and I was a match, fit like a snug glove, even before he was my mechanic.

Thanks to Shane, Patty, and Tom.. I had a chance to meet Ramon and Tom.

Frankie says hello and he would like a hug. I have to take him in for surgery on his driver's side rear knee Jan 10. He has a luxating patella. His knee keeps popping out. He is exhibiting lameness as he walks. We have to do the surgery to keep arthritis from developing. So I might need a hug as well once we get the bill.:frown: Otherwise he seems in good spirits

Manny

Last edited:
^Poor Frankie! I hope he recovers nicely and quickly. How old is he now?

Kyras, was a German Shepherd I had from 1991 to 1999, when he died. By 9 months old he had severe hip displasia and the vet told me to put him down, if I wasn't attached to him. He was my third child, after my daughter and son, so there was no putting him down. We had both hips operated on, a few months apart, and he did fine. Rymadil killed him later in life, with a deadly rare reaction. :frown:

^Poor Frankie! I hope he recovers nicely and quickly. How old is he now?

Kyras, was a German Shepherd I had from 1991 to 1999, when he died. By 9 months old he had severe hip displasia and the vet told me to put him down, if I wasn't attached to him. He was my third child, after my daughter and son, so there was no putting him down. We had both hips operated on, a few months apart, and he did fine. Rymadil killed him later in life, with a deadly rare reaction. :frown:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I know where the name came from.........stupid!!
Sorry about the 3rd child, know the feeling, VERY hard.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I know where the name came from.........stupid!!
Sorry about the 3rd child, know the feeling, VERY hard.

Sorry this is so off topic. But, yeah, we do get attached to our pets, don't we?

I been waiting for 2 months now to get my car in with Ramon for service...
Now I like the guy and enjoy goin there but I am starting to get quite pissed that I have to wait this long...is this the norm or the exception with niguel?

Now I like the guy and enjoy goin there but I am starting to get quite pissed that I have to wait this long...is this the norm or the exception with niguel?

it actually all depends. i usually will call ahead of time to see if they can squeeze me into their schedule.

This appears to be the exception. I just got back from Ramon's today and I made my appoint yesterday. I too call ahead, but the longest wait was 5 days. Usually it has been 3 or less day for 4 separate visits in the past few years. However, the work I have done is generally minor.

Never have had that issue. Always called ahead, planned for a date and Ramon was ALWAYS ready when that day came, never an exception. Always was able to schedule in advance. Ask Ramon about the free loaner car :biggrin:.

I guess I am an exception and now even more pissed that a couple of you got your cars serviced in the last few days or week and I been waiting this long.
I created this thread back on 10/27/11 before moving to irvine
Not to create any rift but instead to gain some knowledge.
I moved to irvine nov 23, 2011 and since then I have not called but instead driven down there three times to ask for an appointment...infact in late December I even had him write my number down to call me when he has time for my car....I just need a tune up and maybe tb/Wp.
I am not sure what else one can do?
I even called today and again AGAIN I got the same answer "I am too busy"
Maybe he is too busy for me, maybe he forgot, maybe he doesn't care.
I don't know...all I know is that I am F'in pissed.

Zaid

Last edited:
if he doesn't want your business, go somewhere else. its not the only game around. i understand you see the votes and think that is some indication of quality, but it is simply an indication of popularity. that is the forum herd mentality at work. i have been burned all too often by following the herd, so i no longer do so blindly.

It's not that they don't want the business. They have had a few jobs starting late last year that are taking alot of rack time. One was waiting for a tranny to come back from a tranny repair shop that took around 2 months. They also just expanded the shop so that should help in the future.

Back