• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autoweek: Women say no booty for male nsx owners

Enjoy:
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=a13865eb-fbf7-463c-bea2-b657758f5909

"1995 Acura NSX

Proposition: The lean and low NSX is a sports car through and through. Covered in blood-red paint, it looks sexy even by today's standards. The Acura NSX says I have eclectic tastes and if it takes a little longer to get what I want, I'm OK with the wait.

Rebuttal: This. Is. Cheesy. This guy works out too much, drinks protein shakes, shops at Armani Exchange and went to see Fast and Furious 5 on opening night in the theater. He belongs on the Jersey Shore Season 3, not in my driveway.
"

Last edited:
wow that was the rudest of all the rebuttals. Well whatever.....I have yet to meet any NSX owner that fits that description...........

And women will swear all they really want is a sensitive guy with a good sense of humor who reads from the Oprah Winfrey book list; his looks don't really matter.

Then they go for the bad boy every time! :wink: LOL

They should probably get rid of both editors.

That was the most scatterbrained collection of automobiles I have ever seen (unless they all just happen to be other editors' cars).

Ladies love Jeeps, BMWs, lifted trucks, and Vettes.

Wow. I always hate these lists. Never seen an NSX on one and glad I didn't. That was just dumb. I don't think there is anyone on here that fits that description. Way to judge a book by its cover. If it was a 350z or G35, then it would be fitting. Unfortunately most of that community is actually like that.

Too bad girls don't take into account car enthusiasm. As great as the Porsche is, it's true that many of the owners do buy it because of the name/looks. But there are plenty out there that buy it for its performance value.

"Rebuttal: This. Is. Cheesy. This guy works out too much, drinks protein shakes, shops at Armani Exchange and went to see Fast and Furious 5 on opening night in the theater. He belongs on the Jersey Shore Season 3, not in my driveway."

Rebuttal: You obviously don't work out, shop at K-Mart and enjoy pretending you are "worldly" by dragging your poor douche of a boyfriend to foreign films at the local dollar-plex. - Paulie D

:biggrin:

she is an idiot.

the lady in the pic is probably her. scag.

I had someone who was not a dude grooving on the car recently.
A couple of days ago at about 11:00 I was getting into the car to pull it back into the garage when my neighbor yelled, “Hey, dude, she likes your car!”
He pointed to a very pretty girl, who said she was crazy about NSX’s and had always wanted one.
I said thanks, and come back when it’s daylight and I’ll give you a ride around the block.
(I have my halo on so tight because I’m married.)
Discerning women with taste don’t dismiss the NSX out of hand.

That is OK!

Why is anyone surprised?

Rule number one:
NEVER take an exotic to a first or second or third date, NEVER

Rule number two:
NSX attracts enthusiasts (can be male or female) and young males 99% of the time.

Rule number three:
If a woman likes you because of your car, then is something worng with her, she must like you because of your "secret weapon" not a damn car

==
As personal experience, I can see a middle age male driving an NSX -STOCK- and be easily acceptable and I think is cool, but think about now on the other side, a young man, driving an exotic, with wheels etc etc, screams douchebaggery, that's why I have mine with the darkest tints, not because I care of what other people think, but is because I bought the car to ENJOY IT MYSELF, or like I do most times, with my female passenger, but that, after she knows me and accepts my NSX etc etc

Now, the fact is that women are strange creatures, and very unpredictable, when I drive with the T off and if I have my pretty GF on the car, then, they go CRAZY, if I am alone, they look at me like I am a douche, women are weird about that, they love to play games.

When I drive this POS (sorry, I love my Passport but come on) I can tell girls always check me out because I am "such sensitive rugged real modern man"

pasaporte.jpg

When I drive this:

DSC02678.jpg

I am simply to "young and douche attention whore with probably an small penis" LOL .. I know sucks but that's what generalizing stereotypes/stigmas do to people in real life.

That is my take on this, so, yeah, I am not surprised that most girls would be "WTF?" if you take them on a first date -unless she is an stripper- but then she will be pissed is not a Ferrari.

Oscar

These kind of "survey" are good for a laugh or two, doesn't matter if it's true or not. Can't take it too seriously.

Rebuttal: Your fat ass sits at home staring at the box your Thigh Master came in, you drink Ensure Plus for snacks, are dressed to be killed in a K-Mart wardrobe, went to see "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" on opening night at the theater and belong on Maury Povich submitting to a DNA test, not in MY driveway.

Who is this b@#$h anyway?:mad:

Last edited:
These articles don't surprise me however we know what jewels we posses in the driveway

This was my favorite:

1977 Pontiac Trans-Am Special Edition

Proposition: If it worked for Burt Reynolds on Sally Field, then there's no reason it shouldn't work on date night. The 6.6-liter black-and-gold special has the T-tops to let the wind in, but not enough to mess up her feathered look. It says I let my mustache grow long and my chest hair grow longer. Also, where we're going, no smokeys will stop us.

Rebuttal: This is my type of man's car. He knows how to treat a lady by flicking off used cigerette butts from the passenger seat and hiding the spit can before letting me enter his glorious vehicle. He demands to close my door for me a special certain way, otherwise it won't latch properly and I could fear for my safety and fall out while the vehicle is moving since the seatbelts are inoperational. After our amazing date at Circle K consuming nachos and sharing a PBR we huffed a little gas from the pump, topped off the tank, and proceeded to do a one wheel burnout while leaving. This car was very fast and left me the excitement of wondering if it would leave us stranded. I would marry this man in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact that he is unable to come up with the court fees to complete the divorce process from his prior marriage. For now I'll just have lots and lots of his babies.

"That is my take on this, so, yeah, I am not surprised that most girls would be "WTF?" if you take them on a first date -unless she is a stripper- but then she will be pissed it is not a Ferrari."

So tell her it is a Ferrari, that bunch would never know the difference... JD

If you want to pick up girls with a car, buy a BMW and put a cute dog in the front seat.

The NSX is a guy-magnet.

Enjoy:
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=a13865eb-fbf7-463c-bea2-b657758f5909

"1995 Acura NSX

Proposition: The lean and low NSX is a sports car through and through. Covered in blood-red paint, it looks sexy even by today's standards. The Acura NSX says I have eclectic tastes and if it takes a little longer to get what I want, I'm OK with the wait.

Rebuttal: This. Is. Cheesy. This guy works out too much, drinks protein shakes, shops at Armani Exchange and went to see Fast and Furious 5 on opening night in the theater. He belongs on the Jersey Shore Season 3, not in my driveway.
"

"I think is cool, but think about now on the other side, a young man, driving an exotic, with wheels etc etc, screams douchebaggery"

Really? I guess Im a douchebag then? I mostly bought my car because its something different around here. Also, it was a possible dream car of mine one day. I wanted to get the car now so I can enjoy it while Im young. Im not trying to show off or anything. I just want to be happy.

I shop at armani exchange and went to see fast and furious 5 on opening night. Sooo I guess I fit this type of person halfass lol. I cant do the other half. Im too lazy to workout all the time and protein shakes taste gross.

Last edited:
Really? I guess Im a douchebag then? I mostly bought my car because its something different around here. Also, it was a possible dream car of mine one day. I wanted to get the car now so I can enjoy it while Im young. Im not trying to show off or anything. I just want to be happy.

ditto

**Just for the record** I am not saying anyone here is a douche because you drive an NSX, I am only pointing that some women would "assume" that based in age, OK? I don't think anyone is a douche because they are young and drive exotics, is just what I **think** -and heard- some women say.

Oscar

Well, considering your new Boyfriend, I am sure everything is small for you now!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::

@ stevieray: lmao...nice rebuttal! Women are strange creatures indeed. Their opinions change based on their mood, time of month etc. Take it as a grain of salt...she probably got her a@$ played by a guy that's into cars like us. This is her consoling herself. I married a girl that supported my enthusiasm for cars and still continues to do so....and she is not single and lonely bashing guys and their interests on a website. When I thought to wait to sell my 350z and buy the NSX, she encouraged me to go ahead and buy it then cause she knows how happy it would make me (and she knew we could afford it). Now that's the type of women that doesn't get dumped and have to resort to writing these articles (I dumped my share on the way to my wife).

Back