• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Axle Hop?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to diagnose a problem with my NSX before I take it to the dealer.

Awhile ago, I had the misfortune of spinning off the road in my NSX. :redface: Fortunately I didn't hit anything. At the time, the only casualty was a flat left rear tire and ripped off front spoiler. The spin-off area was grass/dirt and not too bumpy, but not exactly glass smooth either. I did two complete 360s before I managed to straighten it out and brake to a stop. I probably exited the road (after fishtailing) at about 50mph.

I've since replaced the tire and spoiler. During the tire replacement, the left rear tire wouldn't adjust for an alignment. Had to replace the tie rod end.

Now I get what feels like a moderate case of rear axle hop under hard acceleration...especially when going around right hand corners. The hop is not there when coasting around the same corners...just under acceleration. I don't feel any axle hop when accelerating normally.

My initial impression is that maybe I damaged the differential during the spin? I don't think it's the clutch, because it's a fairly new clutch. It does it with TCS on or off. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? (besides making better driving decisions...I get it)

I appreciate your help.

Nick

1991 nsx with stock 1994 rims

Back