• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Axle/inner cup/tripod question

hope this is the best place to post this question.

I am looking to know if there are any other Honda/Acura inner cups and tripods that match the NSX. I am not looking for a full axle swap from another car just the Inner cup and Tripod.

Thanks you all

-Jared

Legend is similar, not interchangable though, best I can tell.

You cannot purchase the tripod separately, you must buy the entire CV joint.

The part number for the NSX and Legend are different.

Maybe if you could find a legend driveshaft you can see if they match.

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
yeah I guess i will have to give that a go , Hoping there is more input on this subject as it could benefit alot of NSX owners here in the future.

Thank you all for your input thus far

-Jared

thank you all for your responses, We are going to get a 91-95 Legend axle and verify that the Inner cup is the same as the NSX.

I will post back once we know for sure.

-Jared

ok first off sorry for the long delay,

I wanted to post verifying that the 91-95 Acura Legend inner cups and tripods do fit the NSX trans. Just wanted to share with everyone .

Thank you all for your inputs !

-Jared

ok first off sorry for the long delay,

I wanted to post verifying that the 91-95 Acura Legend inner cups and tripods do fit the NSX trans. Just wanted to share with everyone .

Thank you all for your inputs !

-Jared

Can you share what part numbers you used from the legend and where you sourced them, the NSX axles use three style numbers for their parts, I assume you have to do the same from the legend.

From the catalog:

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=NSX&catcgry2=1992&catcgry3=2DR+NSX&catcgry5=DRIVESHAFT&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

004 42320-SL0-300 JOINT, INBOARD qty 1
005 42320-SL0-900 JOINT, INBOARD qty 1
006 42330-SL0-300 JOINT, OUTBOARD qty 2

Last edited:
Sorry I thought this thread was long dead.

I dont have part numbers as I had an Axle guy hunt them down back then. A quick google search for a 91-95 acura legend axle found lots of options . All I can say is the female ( passenger ) side axle fits great and seeing how thats a tough axle to find that should help the community. The driver side gave me a real fight this last go round. After I put the cradle back in the car popped the axles in the driver side kept popping out. I used some mongo style tactics and so far it has stayed in , maybe the clips wasnt quite opening and needed some tough love.

Just to be clear , I only used inner cups and tripot bearings. I got my axles from Frank at the Driveshaft shop and used my cars outer cups.

-Kemp

would the 91-95 acura legend axle fit in the hub on changed? for better engine placment for say a k20 swap? anyone know if the k20 and nsx outers are interchangeable?

Back