• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Axxis vs Porterfield

I'm replacing the OEM brakes on my car, less rotors for now, and am having a hard time deciding which brand to go for.

The car is a 99 V6 Accord coupe, and it's no track monster but I would like to get into autocrossing with it.

The Axxis metal master pads are already going to be used on the rear, but does anyone here think it's worth going from 70.00 Axxis MMs fronts to 170.00 Porterfield RS's ?

I know Porterfields are the stock pads used in most Brembo kits, so it's still street quality but not full blown competition grade.

Is the 100.00 extra worth it?
These are just pads after all and I don't have bigger rotors yet.

I have the axxis pads on my car and I HATE them. they stop well but they do not compare to the oem nsx pads. They also create so much dust!!!! I mean ALOT. If the dust isn't an issue for you then I would say try them out and see how they feel to you.

Good luck:p :D :D

beeker16 said:
I'm replacing the OEM brakes on my car, less rotors for now, and am having a hard time deciding which brand to go for.

The car is a 99 V6 Accord coupe, and it's no track monster but I would like to get into autocrossing with it.

The Axxis metal master pads are already going to be used on the rear, but does anyone here think it's worth going from 70.00 Axxis MMs fronts to 170.00 Porterfield RS's ?

I know Porterfields are the stock pads used in most Brembo kits, so it's still street quality but not full blown competition grade.

Is the 100.00 extra worth it?
These are just pads after all and I don't have bigger rotors yet.

JMO try the Hawk HPS good price low dusting bite much better than the stockers.

Back