• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ayrton Senna, The NSX, and The DVD!!!

I finally got it today! Here's my quick review on the DVD.

First thing I noticed... it's in PAL format! DOH! :mad:

I popped it in my laptop and it worked fine. The only thing I viewed was Ayrton Senna's NSX test clip (about 6 minutes). The video quality was a little "washed out" but it was very entertaining. It's awesome to see the master having fun with the NSX!

Is it worth $65? If all you are looking forward to is the NSX test, in my opinion, no. If you are a die-hard Senna fan, probably.

I'll take a better look at it when I have more time. My opinion may change. I'll probably end up selling it after I view the whole thing. The PAL thing and watching it strictly on the computer is not something I'm too happy with... the website didn't state anywhere on the product page stating it was in PAL format... only in the terms and conditions of the company. :mad:

On Senna.tv's website, I noticed you could order it in NTSC format. Order it from there is you live in a region that uses NTSC!!! DOH!

Shipment arrived and reviewed :
Same as above, the 6 minutes when he's tracking the NSX at Suzuka (If I remember right) is great.
Then there are the 3 video's about his first tests. The DVD let it turn out like Senna tested with those cars, but declined a position in those cars?? What's that all about? I'm a corporate pilot and did fly for some German F3-pilots, F3000-pilots and even a DTM-team, F1 doesn't work like that!! No driver would ever decline a seat, not even in a small team, it's in a small team that the driver must proof he's ready for a good car! The only difference between F3000 and F1 besides the power of the car, is the amount of sponsorship that you have to bring with you.
Before you think I didn't like the DVD, the 6 NSX minutes alone are worth the price in my opinion. It's great to see the master drive something that's standing in my garage :D

Back