• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AZ NSXers: short drive w/S2k club this Sat. (1/24)

Hi gang, the S2k club is doing a short drive to Canyon Lake this Saturday and they said we are welcome to join them. If you are interested, here are the details:

The drive is over to Canyon Lake (end of the paved road) - about 10 miles past Tortilla Flats.

We'll meet up at the On the Border at Stapley and US-60 at 11AM for some lunch, then head out afterwards for the drive - OR we can do the drive first and then eat afterwards if everyone wants to do that.

Mid-day is the best for this drive since most people go to the lake in the AM and leave about 4-5PM.

Recap:
*11AM - On the Border - Stapley @ US-60 (same parking lot as the Starbuck's but the OTB is nearer to Stapley)
*Do the Drive
I've done this drive before (when I was scouting for the Lake Roosevelt drive), and it's pretty scenic. If you come, you might want to bring an FRS radio if you have one, since that is what they use to communicate on their drives. Not sure what else to bring, but I guess maybe sun block, water, and a chair? Besides the cameras & batteries, of course. :D

I will post any last minute changes to the plan here if possible. Otherwise call me on the cell 480-203-8490 if you get lost.

Hope to see you there Saturday!

sounds like it might be fun if my nsx is outta the shop but yee-owtch stapley and the 60? i'm at 160th avenue.....and Bell! i'd bet that's a 60 mile run just to get to the start point.... of course, the tucson group drive 100+ miles... hmm.....

brickdds said:
So Kelvin, are you out for Barret Jackson?
Thanks for the call, Greg. I'm planning to go on the drive instead. Hopefully we can all meet up at the Pavilions later in the afternoon. Syonara said he's going to Barrett Jackson tomorrow here.

Is anyone else thinking about going on the drive? Gerry, you can ride shotgun with me if you're interested.

Where are the pictures Kelvin?! I hope you had a good time on the drive.

BTW, what is everybody doing for the Superbowl? Anybody with a big screen want to host a party? I would, but I only get CBS in our bedroom which is a 32" TV. Definitely won't work for the superbowl. Plus, I doubt many people would want to come all the way down here.

Here are a few pics from ImageStation. The drive was canceled due to weather, but a couple of folks showed up for lunch. Afterwards I went to the Pavilions (mostly classic American cars there), then hooked up with Greg and Brian to go to Barrett Jackson.

I ran into this NSX on the 101, I think he was headed to Barrett-Jackson. Not from our group though:
f9d286bb.jpg

f9d28682.jpg

f9d28638.jpg

Back