• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Az NSX'ers Spring Ride

Who's up for a Saturday ride on April 7th. Route to be determined. Several possibilities - probably desert route while it's still cool but that could change just like the weather. Get an early start and have some breakfast along the way.

:smile:

Block the day out and the rest will take care of itself. Who's in?!

Dean

dean im in, but can we make it later than the 7th... like maybe the 21/22nd i dont have my car back yet and I WANT TO GO ON A DRIVE THIS YEAR !!!!!! :)

Wow, no matter what week-end is scheduled it's always bad for somebody. We can always do two rides in April can't we? Those that can go on the 7th and again on say, the 24th? I'll set a rendevous spot and whom ever shows up, we'll go. I'd like to wheel-out of the valley when the weather may most likely to present the coolest temperatures, the end of April is most likely to be warmer, although not unbearable.

There is a road from Kirkland Junction to Bagdad(County 10)to SR93 (County 20) that I've been on and it was decent and pretty but not heavily traveled. It's been 25 years and would like to visit it again. For the 7th, meet up at the McDonalds at I-17 and Carefree Highway @ 0700 and we'll eat breakfast at the Copper Belle in Wickenburg and continue on from there. Two-lane highway most of the route.

For the 24th there is a pretty loop south of Superior on SR177 to Hayden (breakfast) back north on SR77 to Miami (stop for some sightseeing?) and back to the valley. Or for a really nice LONG day trip, if it's not too warm, is south to Benson, south to Sierra Vista, to Bisbee, back to Tombstone, and back to Tucson and Valley. Give me some input on route preference. Again, can't please everybody, but will do best!!! For the southern trip will have to leave valley @ about 0500 hours to see everything and get back right after dark.

Dean

Down like a clown, Charlie Br... Down like a clown, Charlie B-broooowww... Down like a clown, Charlie Browh... Bro-uh-own. Down like a clown, Charlie Br-Brown.

Wow, no matter what week-end is scheduled it's always bad for somebody. We can always do two rides in April can't we? Those that can go on the 7th and again on say, the 24th? I'll set a rendevous spot and whom ever shows up, we'll go. I'd like to wheel-out of the valley when the weather may most likely to present the coolest temperatures, the end of April is most likely to be warmer, although not unbearable.

There is a road from Kirkland Junction to Bagdad(County 10)to SR93 (County 20) that I've been on and it was decent and pretty but not heavily traveled. It's been 25 years and would like to visit it again. For the 7th, meet up at the McDonalds at I-17 and Carefree Highway @ 0700 and we'll eat breakfast at the Copper Belle in Wickenburg and continue on from there. Two-lane highway most of the route.

For the 24th there is a pretty loop south of Superior on SR177 to Hayden (breakfast) back north on SR77 to Miami (stop for some sightseeing?) and back to the valley. Or for a really nice LONG day trip, if it's not too warm, is south to Benson, south to Sierra Vista, to Bisbee, back to Tombstone, and back to Tucson and Valley. Give me some input on route preference. Again, can't please everybody, but will do best!!! For the southern trip will have to leave valley @ about 0500 hours to see everything and get back right after dark.

Dean

The 24th is a Tuesday. Is that correct? Or is it suppose to be the 21st or 22nd? If it is over the weekend, I'm in.

The 7th works for me. May be my last ride with you guys as my house is finally in escrow.
Sad to see ya leaving Terry, but Congrats!

I'm in for any date after the 7th. Have to spend 4 hours in defensive driver school that day! :mad:

Thanks Joseph. It's a happy and sad time for me too. I will miss getting together with the Phoenix crowd and wish we got together more often. We should all thank Frank, and now Dean, for taking the initiative to organize rides. On the other hand, I am really looking forward to being in Santa Fe as it means a whole change in my life. I'm going from corporate to small business owner (architectural decorative glass) and from big city to medium town. It's part of my life "re-tooling" process. :smile:

Right now the baby is with Mark Basch getting routine maintenance done before I am no longer close enough to have it serviced by him. Unless something comes up with the house, I plan to make the Saturday drive on the 7th. Hope to see you, and others, then. I may make the drive later in April as well, schedule permitting.

Yeeee Haaaaa

I'm in for a later date since I turn 28 on April 6th. :biggrin:

Geez Frank, looks like you're spending a lot of time on those taxes! You need to get yourself an expense tracker... I've been using Quickbooks since the dawn of my tax burden. It also makes it a ton easier when your tracking multiple investments and/or businesses.

Sorry...you're right Heather, I meant the 21st (Saturday) for a second potential ride date. Still not hearing much interest on either date! The 7th has about four vehicles and the end of the month, not much. I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready!:smile:

OK, Who's definitely coming on this Saturday the 7th? I think I count three, maybe four. Meet @ the McDonalds @ I-17 and Carefree Highway @0700 hours. Breakfast in Wickenburg.

As far as the 21st, which trip sounds good (majority rule on this one) the shorter Superior-Miami route or the longer Sierra Vista-Bisbee-Tombstone Route? Time for input and planning.

"Speed = Distance divided by Time"

Dean

As far as the 21st, which trip sounds good (majority rule on this one) the shorter Superior-Miami route or the longer Sierra Vista-Bisbee-Tombstone Route? Time for input and planning.

"Speed = Distance divided by Time"

Dean

I vote for the Sierra Vista-Bisbee-Tombstone route. :)

Back