• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B-Pillar Removal Help

I will be strung up by the NSX community for this question but since it's been ages since I have walked the NSXPrime halls. Be gentle....:redface:

I did a search and came up empty, probably because I typed it in wrong.

Any tips on how to remove the exterior B-Pillar? (I even looked at the DIY Wiki and didn't see anything) I know you have to remove the inside to get to the bolt but I was hoping for the steps. (maybe even some pics before I dive in and break something and curse loud enough to scare the neighbors) The clear coat on my cars B-Pillar is starting to go buh bye and it needs a refresh. I know its on this site somewhere, just not sure where lol.

Cheers,
Ed

Last edited:
It's in the service manual. Can't remember the pages. However you will need to remove the rear panels to get access to the side panel screws. You will also need to remove the headliner to get to the upper b-pillar screw. Get a deep 8 mm socket and be careful not to drop it in the body panel. Good luck.

Sweet thanks for pointing me in the right direction. DL'd the manual, looks like fun....not. haha. But not impossible.

Plus I found the page for the seat removal too which is pretty easy and those need to be re-upholstered anyway. Maybe I'll get it done when winter kicks in and the car is in storage.

you didn't do it wrong the search button hasn't worked in years, what I do is go to a search engine you normally use type the question but add nsxprime to the query and it will pull up everything

when the search button worked when people would ask question we all would say hit the search button but you don't really see people posting that anymore because they know it doesn't work.

Back