• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

back glass latch

just bought an 04 , I'm having trouble locking down the back hatch. Know there must be a easy adjustment....anybody know?

Last edited:
Care to define "trouble" more clearly? It doesn't close as easily as the hood or trunk. You need to put a wee bit o' weight on the glass above the latch when you close it, and it should lock right in.

9 Doors has it correct...The glass hatch and also the trunk deck lid should be let down slowly till it rests and then pressed down near the latch till it locks. No slamming necessary!

Correct! Press on it until it "clicks" and that will be shut. Same with deck lid, no need to slam, and never have anyone close it by holding/pressing the spoiler! Front hood, hold it about 12" and let it drop.

Well thought the title would have said it all, but it's the back glass that will not lock. I know how to close it this is my 2nd NSX

Last edited:
I looked in my '95/'96 manual; page 20-67 & 68 contain details on the latch and cables.

Possible test: Make a small "U" out of a piece of coat-hangar wire, push that into the latch and see if the latch clicks into the locked position. If not, the problem could be either the latch assembly, or the release cable is binding and has the latch stuck open. Try rotating the release lever up and down to see if it has tension pulling it back into the closed position.

Good luck.

I know this thread is a zombie but my glass hatch over the engine needs too much force to close. I will try this the above suggestions and see if it works. it beats creating a new thread.

all you have to do is close the hatch and press down above the latch and it will click. no need to slam the glass to make it click. thats just asking for trouble.

Back