• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Ass Sunglasses thread!

Ok so this thread is dedicated to bad-ass sunglasses. Post your favorite!

Rules:

1. Include the BRAND + specifics (color combination, what model they are etc) in case someone likes them enough to get a pair themselves

2. Post where to GET THEM
3. Post the $$$ PRICE $$$ they are
POST A DAMN PICTURE OF THEM!

Here is my submission:

Oakley A Wire Gunmetal/Red Iridium Lens... MSRP $ 160.00... but the only place to find them now is eBay and you have to get lucky... they are not an easy find. I got lucky and found one pair and then my douche bag friend lost them! I have yet to find another pair!

00709500.jpg

nanowire 3.0 on ebay for around $200, in stores they're $300.

http://oakley.com/pd/4856

i tried all the oakley glasses on and these by far were the most comfortable, you could hardly feel them because they are so light, also because the lense is one piece, your whole field of vision is completely covered with no areas of bright background around edges, etc..

I usually buy what I see is nice when I walk into a store. Don't think my sunglasses are 'bad ass' but they are quite comfortable.I'm wearing either the single-piece lens Ray-ban(RB3321) or Tag Heuer -Reflex Series. I believe I paid around $350 for the Tag and don't remember the price for the Ray-ban.

From phone's camera
d1f92070.jpg

Tag's are particularly long lasting, I got my prescription lens frame for 3 years now! Usually I get them changed within 2 years.

Last edited:
i got the oakley e-wires 2.1 in pewter and black iridium.
ordered them at backcountry.com
msrp is around 160 i believe...very much like yours xxForgedxx.

i think the lenses are alittle bit small, but good enough as i only use them for driving. very comfortable and light weight, even for a person who has never worn glasses for a day in his life.

Whatever I can find at Target for under $10 :rolleyes:

The mark up on sunglasses are rediculious. You can buy a box of knock offs here wholesale for 20 bucks a dozen. Unless there polarized the UV lens are probably the same on the $5 pair as well as the $300.

The two most interesting ones I've ever seen :eek:

Oakley Over The Top
OakleyOverTheTop1.jpg
OakleyOverTheTop2.jpg

Oakley Medusa
OakleyMedusa.jpg

Oakley Gascan- retail $90 + if you want to customize, or get polarized lenses

My wife bought me the "Global Gascan" limited edition recently- retail $160 (she didn't pay that much, she got them on Ebay)

I have about 16 pairs of high end sunglasses at this time, many pairs are older. I just never lose them, and my wife is friends with the manager of an "O Store". My prescription glasses are also Oakley- I have 3 pairs, going to get new ones in the spring.

Philip

Here are my current ones:

old_shades.jpg

The lenses are yellow with a glossy black frame... Got mine for about $180 - now they are a little cheaper now tho. :biggrin:

Ok update I just had to buy these:

shades.jpg

Custom Oakley Gascans w/ Crystal Black Frames and Black Iridium Polarized Lenses..... Notice the custom etching :)

Last edited:
How can you tell if the ones on eBay are real or fake?

I wouldn't use ebay for buying sunglasses... or just about anything else for that matter haha :tongue:

Just because you look, doesn't me that you see!

<-----REVO's
Hey KingofNewYork, what new(er) Revo's have you acquired or come across that are of interest? I'm a big Revo'guy, but haven't gotten anything this millennium! :eek:
Malibu Rapper said:
Do you start this thread in every car forum? I saw this on another forum today and you started it.
Yay to viral subject/thread topics on car enthusiast forums/boards on the inter-webz! :D
Is this 6speedonline? I thought this was NSXprime. ;)
Could be worse, it could be like FerrariChat (ie. I bought brand "xxx" boxers from "xxx" while sipping on "xxx" & smoking a "xxx" in my "xxx" w/ "xxx" and "xxx" at "xxx" during "xxx", etc'... blah-bla-bha! xxx = name dropping)

The 3 for $15 cheapies that I buy from the guy on the street corner.

The same ones I lose shortly thereafter.

i wear the minutes. they fit a smaller head better. they just changed them though.

47e832cd332bf.jpg

that and i get them for $15 a pair. hooray for a relative that works for luxotica:D

Goto Harbor Freight & check-out their work/safety glasses/sun-glasses. I'd get many of those over most the ones shown thus far on this thread.

They're durable, lightweight, stylish, unique, functional, relatively exotic & imported :)p), and cheaper than a Happy Meal! :D

How can you tell if the ones on eBay are real or fake?

Reputable vendor (US), and a realistic "buy it now" price. Also, the Global Gascan hasn't been faked- the design is too new. They come with a model specific storage bag that is printed with the flags. Fakers never bother to duplicate those details.

I have put mine next to the glasses at the O store- they are as real as they come.

PIC_0040.jpg

I also have standard gascans that I bought at a sunglass hut- the build quality is identical. If these Globals are fakes, they are the best damn fakes ever made, but the right answer is- they are real we just got them slightly over the dealer cost due to ebay auction.

You can find reputable dealers on Ebay- you just have to look carefully, and use common sense. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. if it seems reasonable, then look carefully, and decide.

Philip

Last edited:
Reputable vendor (US), and a realistic "buy it now" price. Also, the Global Gascan hasn't been faked- the design is too new. They come with a model specific storage bag that is printed with the flags. Fakers never bother to duplicate those details.

I have put mine next to the glasses at the O store- they are as real as they come.

PIC_0040.jpg

I also have standard gascans that I bought at a sunglass hut- the build quality is identical. If these Globals are fakes, they are the best damn fakes ever made, but the right answer is- they are real we just got them slightly over the dealer cost due to ebay auction.

You can find reputable dealers on Ebay- you just have to look carefully, and use common sense. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. if it seems reasonable, then look carefully, and decide.

Philip

Nice choice - are yours polarized? :cool:

Back