• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Experience-Dishonesty

I just had an awful experience at McGrath Acura in Westmont, IL. I took my wife's 2002 TL for an oil change and instead of using 5W-20 like it says in the manual and on the oil cap they used 5W-30. No big deal right? But the problem was the dishonesty of the service advisor. When I asked if they made an error he tells me Acura stopped sending them 5W-20 and they were supposed to use 5W-30. I called the 800 number and they told me 5W-20 was the correct oil. I called back to speak with the service manager and he started saying the TL-type S gets the 5W-30 and then he says I actually got 5W-20 and it was a mistake??? This is the same place that couldn't tell me the price for the 90,000 mile service for my NSX. I can't stand the blatant dishonesty. They said I could come back in and watch them change my oil. I declined. I don't know about this place. On a side note when we where looking to buy the TL this is the same place that told me the invoice price increased by $300. I checked with PriceLine and other services and they said no. I ended up buying my wifes car through PriceLine at the price where McGrath said they would lose money. Sorry for the long post but I can't stand LIARS.

Back