• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Thermostat?

I haven't driven it for awhile. When I took it out today, I noticed that my temperature guage is no longer working. :frown: It stays a little bit above the blue line. Do I have a bad thermostat?

Last edited:
Yes. It runs normal.

Then we can assume the engine is reaching the proper operating temp. All that is left is the gauge or the sending unit for it. The sending unit would be the first part I would change. Make sure you get the right part and the right location since there are 3 temp sensors on the engine. One for the gauge, one for the ECU and one for the fan control.

Then we can assume the engine is reaching the proper operating temp. All that is left is the gauge or the sending unit for it. The sending unit would be the first part I would change. Make sure you get the right part and the right location since there are 3 temp sensors on the engine. One for the gauge, one for the ECU and one for the fan control.

Thanks! But man...this is complicated. I hope it will not cost too much to fix at the dealership.

Does the temp needle move to the middle (normal) if you let the car sitting idling for 5-10 minutes (try revving it to build some heat in the motor).

If it does warm up and the needle raises to the middle, then your thermostat is stuck open. If it dosnt raise to operating temperature when sitting still for a while, then it's something else...

Try this before starting to replace a bunch of sending units.

Back