• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Baldwin Oil Filter

Just picked up a Baldwin oil filter (B1422). It just about the size of the Honda short filter. Reviews are good for the Baldwin oil filters in general. Anyone has experience with it?

In my search for the best OEM replacement filter I evaluated the Baldwin 1422, they are VERY high quality filters. All you got to do is hold a Baldwin and you know its a serious piece of kit, same solid feel and build quality as in the Toyo-Roki OEMs. I'd say its at least as good as the OEM short but it does have a denser filter media, but most non Japanese filters do. I'd say its definitely better than anything you can get in an auto parts store but unless its cheaper the OEM short is your best bet.

thanks. that's what I read about the Baldwin oil filters in general. They are one of the best after market filter and has been in business for many years. Yes, the 1422 is heavy and solid. It appears to have a higher pressure settings (20 as compared to 9 - 12) for the relief valve.

In my search for the best OEM replacement filter I evaluated the Baldwin 1422, they are VERY high quality filters. All you got to do is hold a Baldwin and you know its a serious piece of kit, same solid feel and build quality as in the Toyo-Roki OEMs. I'd say its at least as good as the OEM short but it does have a denser filter media, but most non Japanese filters do. I'd say its definitely better than anything you can get in an auto parts store but unless its cheaper the OEM short is your best bet.

Cracking pressure for the tall OEM is about 28 lbs as I recall. But it did have over 200 in^2 of media where the Baldwin has about half as much filter area.

Back