• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS LM wheels or Advan RS for my Kaiser Silver NSX?

JCC

Experienced Member
I have a dilemma. I'm looking for some new wheels for my 99 Kaiser Silver NSX. My two choices now are BBS LM in Silver in 18 fronts and 19 rears OR Advan RS in Gunmetal size 17 fronts and 18 Rears. Right now I am sold on the BBS LM because I want to keep the car looking classy but sporty, although the price tag is double that of the Advan RS. Please advise.

My NSX currently has Asanti wheels 18/19 on Tein Flex coilovers.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,042
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 964
Last edited:
I vote Advan RS (cuz I'm bias)...it will accommodate any BBK upgrade, and IMO looks sportier since you also have the type-r rear spoiler. Both are killer wheels!

if you look at rick (s4play)'s thread, you will see BBS LM's in a 19" rear with proper width and offsets is very difficult to obtain...

i vote the BBS's because i think they look better.

Advan RZ would be better than the RS in my opinion.

BBS for SURE!!!!!! The only downside to owning them is fitting a BBK. Other than that they are the best looking wheels for the NSX.

Blaine

I vote for LM in the polish grey finish to match your car with the red caps.

There is one for sale here on Prime, u just need to refinish it to match your car.

GL.

Contact Ross at Stmpo. We r going with widebody Volks so no longer need them

Last edited:
Advan RZ would be better than the RS in my opinion.

May be a silly question, but what are the major differences between the RS and RZ's? I"ve been looking into getting one of the two, but I can't see a major difference.. :confused:

Both wheels are very nice, but very different. I think the Advan wheel is a more functional wheel (less expensive, lighter, better brake clearance) however the BBS wheel is a classic design. Keep in mind the weight difference as well - the BBS wheels will be around 5-6 lbs heavier each than the Advan wheel. I don't think you can go wrong with either - and at the end of the day, choose what looks best to you.

Good luck!
-- Chris

JC- I had 18, 19s on the car and the car feels like a cow....go with the 17, 18s....advans, volks, gram lights are all nice.....between the two I would go with the advans in dark silver.

Last edited:
Very good feedback from everyone, THANK YOU!
Right now I am leaning towards the BBS in Silver with Red Center caps and red lug nuts (just like the GTR on the attached pic). What do you guys think?

However, I keep looking at the RS and they look sooooo nice. What I like about the RS is the benefit in weight which should improve performance on my car. Gunmetal would look great, and very sporty too (Synth19 hope you don't mind but I attached a pic of your Imola as reference).

Decisions!!!!!

Attachments

• bbs-silver-on-white-002.jpg
    bbs-silver-on-white-002.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 551
  • 1920x1266.jpg
    1920x1266.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 645
May be a silly question, but what are the major differences between the RS and RZ's? I"ve been looking into getting one of the two, but I can't see a major difference.. :confused:

the spokes in the RS are evenly spaces which makes it look like a 10 spoke, while the spokes in the RZ is shaped more like a split 5 spoke.

advanRS.jpg

advan RS as you can see its an evenly spaced 10 spoke

advanRZ.jpg

advan_rz_fd.jpg

advan RZ spaced to look more like a split 5 spoke.

to me honest, I don't really like how the RS looks at all, but after they slightly tweaked the angle of the spokes in the RZ, now I'm in love.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
See those are the RZ's right there. Very Nice!!

Hey JC,

Here's my $0.02. The BBS LMs is a classic style. They have been around for years and years and will always continue to have a strong following. Hence, why they're classics and widely accepted in almost any circle you roll with. Very few wheels can be considered classics like this one. With that said, they are not edgy by today's standards and they are "old school" in terms of technology (heavy, won't clear BBK, etc...). I noticed you're considering 18/19 for the LMs which is the only size i'd get them in for the NSX btw... but you have to be willing to accept that in this size they are far from being a performance wheel.

The Advans have all the cool (and functional) features people are looking for these days. Concave = BBK friendly, lightweight, etc... The biggest gripe I have with the Advan wheels is that they are still a cast wheel but at forged wheel prices. There's nothing wrong being cast if used properly but Rota gets so much flack for being a cast wheel in that I don't really understand why people are so ignorant sometimes. Anyway, i'm ranting...

Maybe you need two sets like me :) I love the look of my 18/19 setup but a few months out of the year I just need my fix and put on my 17/18 lightweight set.

Good luck!

p.s... if you forgot how good your car can really drive put back your stock wheels for a while. It's like night and day.

Last edited:
Yes I have seen this before, and trust me i've been tempted. Actually surprised no one has bought them yet.

Thought about it my self. But I'm not to comfortable buying $1950 wheels from a seller that has only 3 posts and no feedback. No offense to the seller but you really have to be careful these days.

That was my same thought too. :rolleyes:

Thought about it my self. But I'm not to comfortable buying $1950 wheels from a seller that has only 3 posts and no feedback. No offense to the seller but you really have to be careful these days.

Hey JC,

Here's my $0.02. The BBS LMs is a classic style. They have been around for years and years and will always continue to have a strong following. Hence, why they're classics and widely accepted in almost any circle you roll with. Very few wheels can be considered classics like this one. With that said, they are not edgy by today's standards and they are "old school" in terms of technology (heavy, won't clear BBK, etc...). I noticed you're considering 18/19 for the LMs which is the only size i'd get them in for the NSX btw... but you have to be willing to accept that in this size they are far from being a performance wheel.

The Advans have all the cool (and functional) features people are looking for these days. Concave = BBK friendly, lightweight, etc... The biggest gripe I have with the Advan wheels is that they are still a cast wheel but at forged wheel prices. There's nothing wrong being cast if used properly but Rota gets so much flack for being a cast wheel in that I don't really understand why people are so ignorant sometimes. Anyway, i'm ranting...

Maybe you need two sets like me :) I love the look of my 18/19 setup but a few months out of the year I just need my fix and put on my 17/18 lightweight set.

Good luck!

p.s... if you forgot how good your car can really drive put back your stock wheels for a while. It's like night and day.

Regan, good info like always my friend. Both wheels are awesome, and YES I do remember how much better my car performs with the stock wheels. Thats part of the reason why I like the RS but I still keep going back to the BBS.

I've seen the RS in person and they look great, I have not seen the BBS LM in person and my fear is to pay $4500 for them just to realize that I may not be fully satisfied when I get them. However, on pictures they look amazing!

I've been surfing the web constantly, just looking at both wheels.... :biggrin:

Just found this picture today. Can someone tell me what size wheels these may be, i'm thinking 17x18. Looks great, my car would look almost like this, except that I want 18x19 with "red" center caps and lug nuts.

Attachments

• DSCF2772.jpg
    DSCF2772.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 848
Last edited:
Back