• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBVNSX 93 EDM NSX - From Portugal!

Time now for the 02 NSX-R ABS Upgrade using KSP loom (with the LHD upgrade from Kaz).

I used the information i found here on Prime and on NSXCBUK, and instalation went smooth with no error codes and with a full functional upgraded ABS! Very happy with the final result! And no more dreadful compresser noise from the ancient ABS for me!!! :biggrin:

As usual, took the opportunity to do some cleaning - here the before/after pictures:

You replace this (since i don't use the spare tire i removed the metal part that protects the modulator):

with this:

Great weight savings: -10,04 - 0,21 - 0,97 + 4,13 + 0,49 = -6,60 Kg (-14,55 lbs) :biggrin:

Last edited:
You can remove another 0,2kg? when you remove the electric motor at the TB and put a aluminium plate instead of the motor to the TB. I did'nt do it yet, but if you want to be hardcore, you have to do it ;)

Where did you buy the ABS upgrade?
I've been in contact with Kaz for the KSP loom but what about the Honda parts?

Time for some more weight savings!

KCMachine Shorai Lightweight Battery Package!!! with a small upgrade... I used a Super B external under and overvoltage protector!

While researching for a lightweight Battery, at first i was considering a "Super B" Battery, but it was $$$$$$ and After some e-mails with "Super B" they told me that i should install a relay to protect the battery... but in the end the full Super B setup would be just too much expensive!!!! so i decided against the "Super B" and decided to give Shorai a chance using the "Super B" relay...
I ordered the shorai package from Kinetic Custom Machine and also ordered the "Super B" under/over voltage relay to use with it!... I'm crossing my fingers that i can achieve a good lifespan from the battery... But only time will tell...

here is the link for the "Super B" relay i installed if anyone wants more information:

http://www.super-b.com/en/accessories/sb-dbd-250

I'm using it for 4 months now and i don't drive much my NSX, but i can tell you that on maybe 30 times i drove the car, the relay cutted power from the alternator to the battery about 9 or 10 times... so somehow the relay is working... the relay is an expensive part for what it does, but i hope it makes my shorai last longer! As i said only time will tell...

Now for the pictures of instalation:

Weight removal:

Weight added (I forgot to weight the eletrical box an cables i used to install the Super B relay...):

During Instalation:

Final Product, with the relay installed on a waterproof box:

Total weight savings:

-16,27 - 0,22 - 0,10 + 3,14 + 0,38 + 0,4 (estimate) = -12,67 Kg (-27,93 lbs) :biggrin:

Some great news regarding weight savings and much more to come! will be sharing it shortly!

Thanks

Bruno

Last edited:
Time for a small but very nice mod: The Zanardi gear shift stalk (that i shaved 1,5 cm or about 0,5") + SOS Short Shifter

This is one of the best bang for the buck mods! The NSX OEM MT Gearbox is one of the best I've experienced... but with those two small mods it is by far the Best! Love the shortter throw you get! specially shifting from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th... just perfect! :cool:

weight of the Short Shifter kit is 0,06 Kg (0,13 lbs):

Last edited:
Here a picture that show the difference on the gear stalk/knob after installation of the shortened stalk (i shaved 1,5 cm or about 0,5" from the zanardi stalk):

Love your review of the bars. Will help me decide what I will get :)

Thanks!!! 😉

Last edited:
Hi Bruno,

awesome reviews of the parts.... and i DO love the detail and weight savings of the mods you do :wink:

Your last 2 pictures have a major problem: OEM steering wheel still installed :frown:

once you install the NSX-R one, or Momo Tuner, as they are the same, you won't believe the difference
it makes driving...feeling the car.... think about it :wink:

Take care,
Nuno

Hi Nuno!

I'll be solving this major problem soon... 😉:biggrin:

Not the NSX-R one nor the Momo Tuner... But the Type S:

Your last 2 pictures have a major problem: OEM steering wheel still installed :frown:

once you install the NSX-R one, or Momo Tuner, as they are the same, you won't believe the difference
it makes driving...feeling the car.... think about it 😉

Last edited:
uhhh ... i personally prefer the nsx-r one ... it's cleaner look wise ... but that it's me (Y)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just leave this here...
More KSP magic... Big thanks to A. S. Motorsport!
More to come...

I have a similar set up, if you place your finger at just the right spot, you could balance this whole thing on one finger; I've done it, very light..... good choice.

I have a similar set up, if you place your finger at just the right spot, you could balance this whole thing on one finger; I've done it, very light..... good choice.

Sound and quality of this exhaust is great!!! Love it! :cool:

Now for some more information on this Exhaust, here pictures of the instalation:

Please note that if you are considering this exhaust you will need also KSP headers, as a special part will be delivered with the exhaust to rotate the front bank cat 180º and allow the correct use of the 02 sensor! See it here:

And the usual weight comparision OEM vs KSP:

-20,05 + 15,68 = -4,37 Kg (-9,63 lbs) :biggrin:

Will be sharing sound clip soon!

Last edited:
Since I wanted to shave some extra weight from the exhaust system but keeping catalyzers, I decided to go with sport cats! I wanted a full KSP setup ... but unfortunately KSP discontinued their cats and although A. S. Motorsport tryed really hard to convince KSP to produce another batch of cats, it was impossible to source them ... so I decided to go with SARD!

Those cats are beautifully crafted and come with heat shields! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

Rear bank:

Front bank:

Since i have the KSP exhaust, the front bank cat had to be rotated 180º which led to the necessity of trimming the heat shield to avoid contact with the rear beam (see the red circle in the picture bellow) and even after trimming the heat shield it was quite a tight fit! But after testing it, i was happy with the clearence, with no risk of the cat hitting the beam!

Lastly weight savings: -4,96-5,17+2,55+2,69 = - 4,89 Kg (-10,78 lbs) :biggrin:

Unfortunately i forgot to take pictures when i weighed the SARD cats :frown:

After driving the car, my conclusions are:

Good:

- Nice weight reduction!
- Engine revs even faster with better responsiveness especially on high revs
- Rev matching when driving is even easier (faster throttle response)
- Real nice bonus of the exhaust sound becoming even better! a bit more aggressive, deeper and throatier!

Bad:

My rear bumper gets dirty with the exhaust fumes much faster... something tells me that those sport cats are not so "green" as the OEM... but they do come with a japanese certificate of being able to perform correctly and do their work!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well... lets say that i'm a bit more than contemplating... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And not only bumper beams... also CF OEM replica wing that can use the OEM 3rd brake light, CF side ducts, CF rear bumper brackets...

Big thanks to ATR (@austrian type-R) here you can see his website:

http://nsx-parts.com/

Will be sharing more information in the near future... I love to loose weight... 😉

Hi Bruno,
Are you contemplating using carbon fiber Front/Rear bumper beams like these?
http://www.pole2flagracing.com/prepreg-rear-bumper-beam.html
And here from A.S. Motorsport
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...otorsport?highlight=aluminum+rear+bumper+beam

Last edited:
Back