• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BC Coilover Group Buy Feeler...

Just curious who would be interested in a group buy for BC Coilovers.

My understanding is that they are a great budget coilover.

These appear to be really good and have great feedback in our very own Nsx community. Track proven by some members also.

There is a Swift spring upgrade available and you can specify custom spring rates but occur a longer lead time.

Have a look at this thread for feedback and reviews.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/159029-BC-Racing-Coilovers-Comprehensive-Review

You can get them for $995 and upgrade to the Swift springs for $1295 Complete coilovers with swift springs.

It goes without saying these are not KW V3's and the price reflects in that, these are a great BUDGET coilover and appears to out perform Koni's and Blistriens. Which will cost around the same price when you take springs in to consideration.

This is purely a feeler, if there is much interest i will contact a couple of companies for better pricing.

I will take two sets with Swift springs.

1. JaffaZ32 + Swift Springs
2. JaffaZ32 + Swift Springs

I will see how this goes to the end of the weekend 21st, if there is couple more names on the list then i will hold out purchasing a couple of sets and see what we can put together.

Depending on price....I'm in without the swift springs.

3. Blodi + Swift Springs
4. Zishan (w/o Swift springs)

For street driving only, is it fine w/out the swift spring upgrade?

From what i can make out reading between the replies the swift springs will be better both on street and track however those who have purchased without the Swifts happy with how their cars feel.

From what i can make out reading between the replies the swift springs will be better both on street and track however those who have purchased without the Swifts happy with how their cars feel.

I have the BC with Swift upgrade and it rides great. I also just purchased a regular BC setup for my other NSX and will update how different the feel is once installed.

I do have to say I previously had TEIN RA and they felt like riding in a dump truck, terrible.

The swifts to me do feel slightly soft, even with ride stiffness set all the way to stiff. My car is super low and does ride well, just aren't as stiff as I expected.

Also, BC list prices are EXTREMELY cheap and when the GroupBuy was discussed previously I believe it was turned down due to low initial cost and not much mark up. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

Please take note that any group buy vendor will need to register here first if not already one of our registered vendors.

995? That's regular price on ebay. i was quoted 945 shipped without swift springs. if these fall to low 800's with group buy then im in.

This isn't much cheaper than online prices. At least not from where I have been looking at.

I've talked to BC North America a while back about doing a coilover group buy for NSX owners and they said I could not offer them for less than BC's minimum advertised price, no exceptions. And honestly cost is not much less than people are selling them for on eBay, so the discount would have to be given by BC Racing. Maybe someone else will have better luck, but when I approached them it was a no go. If we had a interested list of say 20-25 seriously interested maybe we could get them to lower the price, you never know.

Point taken on board RSO.

I will see what i can come back with. Sent a few emails asking the question. I will keep everyone updated if it's a option or not.

Just a update.

As GT Theory said this isn't looking likely to happen i am afraid, i have sent multiple emails to different vendors and keep hearing the same thing. There just isn't enough mark up on them and BC directly are not interested as they feel they are already a good price.

I am however waiting for another email, my last one.

I will send a PM to all parties shown interest with the best price i have had once i have heard back from my last hope.

Just a update.

As GT Theory said this isn't looking likely to happen i am afraid, i have sent multiple emails to different vendors and keep hearing the same thing. There just isn't enough mark up on them and BC directly are not interested as they feel they are already a good price.

I am however waiting for another email, my last one.

I will send a PM to all parties shown interest with the best price i have had once i have heard back from my last hope.

This was my thinking as I also posted above. There simply isn't enough margin to do a group buy etc.

I myself do have a very immaculate set of BC coilovers I just purchased for my Berlina... which I am considering selling. If I decide to list the car, I will be listing my spare set of BC coilovers. Will keep everyone updated...

I would also be interested in a set with Swift springs. The price:value ratio is already pretty good so if you could do any better than that, it just makes these that more tempting.

Even if we're unable to secure much of a price savings, Perhaps as part of the GB they'd be willing to expedite the custom valving and labor involved in the 10k/8k Swift Springs Setup, since the turnaround time seems to be many weeks right now.

Either way I'm in, whether I buy a set solo or as part of a group these still look like a great deal.

3. Blodi + Swift Springs
5. Paladin + Swift Springs

I purchased these coilovers with the swift springs in the 10k/8k set up and they are great. much better then the oem and not harsh at all other wise my pregnant wife would have made me very much aware of it haha. I can not speak on the ride with the standard springs but the cost to upgrade is minimal and I couldnt be happier so I would recommend these.

3. Blodi + Swift Springs
6. ProOnThaSnow + Swift Springs

Maybe if we keep the list going something good will happen, haha.

3. Blodi + Swift Springs
7. Sduffass + Swift Springs

I would be in but more along fall time frame.

3. Blodi + Swift Springs
4. Zishan
7. Sduffass + Swift Springs
8. Nukem + Swift Springs

Any more info on this? Does this look like its a possibility? I've finally got the car and of course now I want to make it my own!

- - - Updated - - -

N/M, just read back through the thread - hopefully someone changes their tune. I'm not opposed to spending a few more pennies, but as with everything, its always nice to save some coin (gotta put these kids through college one day!)

Back