• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bean Bag Chair

I'm thinking of buying a big bean bag style chair for my bedroom. It will be used mainly for reading and occasional movie watching and napping. A google search comes up with several brands of these bags. Ultimate Sack, love sac, sumo lounge, Foof, comfy sack. They are all pretty similar in size, construction and what they use as filling. These aren't really cheap to buy so I'm looking for advice. Does anyone here have/has had one of these? Good things to say? Bad things? Let me know.

Thanks all,

Joe

Haven't had a beanbag chair since they first came out when I was a kid. All I remember is that they look more comfortable than they really are and once a cat pees in it it's history. Have you tried one out? Seems to me that the position I wanted to be in was not was not supported by the chair. I wonder if they are still filled with the same stuff as they were in the late 1960's. :confused:

Haven't had a beanbag chair since they first came out when I was a kid. All I remember is that they look more comfortable than they really are and once a cat pees in it it's history. Have you tried one out? Seems to me that the position I wanted to be in was not was not supported by the chair. I wonder if they are still filled with the same stuff as they were in the late 1960's. :confused:

Nope, they stopped filling them with asbestos :D

I have a Love Sac, which I've had for about 8 years or so. I love it, I use it every day.

The one I have is the Movie Sac, and it's pretty big, so keep the sizing in mind. It's very comfortable, and holds its shape well. A cool feature is that you can turn it into a giant pancake, so it's like a huge dog bed. You can also fluff it up and sit in it. Mine remains in a half doggy bed shape in the corner of my living room. When guests are over, it's one of the most popular seating areas, there's just something about a bean bag chair.

The major con is that they can be pretty big, but other than that, it's all pros in my eyes.

Here's mine. It's very comfortable.... great for power naps.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055DXL1C...e=df0&creative=395109&creativeASIN=B0055DXL1C

index.php

Back