• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bear Mt area run this Saturday morning if anyone is interested

There seems to be a lot of interest for a run and Tytus was going to post a thread if he's free on Saturday, but I just couldn't wait...

The forecast is looking real good for Saturday and it should be great for a drive. Any takers? It would be an early start 8:00AM so we can be traffic free. Please post up if you can make it.

The people been to other bear mt runs can tell you that this is lots of fun. :)

Simon

We usually meet around 8:00 at Westchester and drive up to Bear Mt by 9:00. We are done around 11:30-12:00 then some of us will go to lunch on the way back. Some of us meet at 7:30 by the Whitestone bridge in the Bronx.

Norman, you have to come and show us your 5.1 exhaust...plus your new comptech header and NSX-R shifter. :)

Simon...................if we meet at 8am in Westchester we'd be at the Bear Mtn way before 9, and that'd be a good thing. Cops are everywhere. If my mother is stable (been ill), I'll see if I can make it. Is Andrea joining us?:biggrin:

Simon...................if we meet at 8am in Westchester we'd be at the Bear Mtn way before 9, and that'd be a good thing. Cops are everywhere. If my mother is stable (been ill), I'll see if I can make it. Is Andrea joining us?:biggrin:

Andrea is probably gonna come along for a ride. I hope your mom feels better.

Andrea is probably gonna come along for a ride. I hope your mom feels better.

Thanks, last weather forecast calls for rain in the am, clearing and then gorgeous on Sunday....................so............................maybe Sunday's the better choice, only problem with that is Andrea goes to church then!!!

Sorry for the late post. Due to my schedule and the weather forecast I can go now on Sunday. I don't want to Hijack Simon's plans but I will not be able to make it on Sat now. Should we do 2 drives, one on Sat and the other on Sun?

Also I would like to get someone to Video/audio tape my new exhaust for those that have been askin to hear it. Anyone has the appropriate knowledge and equipment?

Thanks,

Tytus

Thanks, last weather forecast calls for rain in the am, clearing and then gorgeous on Sunday....................so............................maybe Sunday's the better choice, only problem with that is Andrea goes to church then!!!

This early in the season there shouldn't be too much traffic and we may be able to go after church! A little divine intervention to protect us from smokey may be just the trick.....

Tytus

Sunday works for me too. Gives me extra time to clean up the car, put my hood and my GTS wheels back on.

Sorry for the late post. Due to my schedule and the weather forecast I can go now on Sunday. I don't want to Hijack Simon's plans but I will not be able to make it on Sat now. Should we do 2 drives, one on Sat and the other on Sun?

Also I would like to get someone to Video/audio tape my new exhaust for those that have been askin to hear it. Anyone has the appropriate knowledge and equipment?

Thanks,

Tytus

What exahust did you get ?

If plans change to sunday I maybe in on this drive also..I have not been out with you guys in a while...

cheers

What exahust did you get ?

The Bel Canto Soprano - the renamed version of the GT-1 5.1. Look at the Vendor Thread if you want to know more about it.

Bailey, are you coming out on Sunday?

Tytus

I will definitely be up for a drive on Sunday and will go to BM one way or another. Anyone interested please post and if Simon and Anrea can make it after church I am willing to wait unless he does a drive on Saturday, BTW they are still predicting rain in the AM so a late start on Sat may be advisable as well.

I would propose meeting at Mighty Joe Young's restaurant parking lot as it is just off the Sprain and 287 intersection on West Hartsdale Ave and Dobbs Ferry Rd which is off the Greenburgh/100B exit off the Sprain Parkway.

People from the North we can meet at the gas station at the traffic circle on routes 6, 202 and 9 befoire the climb to the Bear Mountain Bridge.

We can agree on a time later today or tomorrow.

Tytus

I might go too. Where is "traffic circle on routes 6, 202" can you send a link on google maps?

Thx,
Dave

I might go too. Where is "traffic circle on routes 6, 202" can you send a link on google maps?

Thx,
Dave

Dave,

I am having trouble getting a link or the map to stick . Either meet us at the restaurant location noted above which is easy to find or go to mapquest and put in Annsville NY, zoom in, then follow route 9 south towards the circle and you will see route 202 and 6 and 9 all come together, it is right next to Annsville Creek. If someone else can find it maybe they will have better luck with the map. The circle is between Camp Smith Drive and Annsville.

Hope to see you on Sunday.

Tytus

If you guys don't mind I would love to take a ride up as well, it would be great to see you guys... it's been a long time!! I just have to make sure all is OK with the Boss. Is there anyone coming up from NJ?? If not it would be pretty boring driving all the way up on my own.

Last edited:
If you guys don't mind I would love to take a ride up as well, it would be great to see you guys... it's been a long time!! I just have to make sure all is OK with the Boss. Is there anyone coming up from NJ?? If not it would be pretty boring driving all the way up on my own.
You just want to beat on a batch of exotics, we all know you!! You stay and watch the kids and send Karen!!!! (J/K) Still don't know if this is going to happen and at what time. Saturday is still too iffy, but Sunday's looking good!!!

Not true my firend :) Besides I have to take it easy as my car is not even inspected. I can't find anyone in NJ who is willing to even look at the car....everyone is scared. Right now I'm drving with no sticker in the window :eek:

Where do you guys go anyway....Perkins Memorial Drive??

Last edited:
Cool the link works. Yea, come up with time we meet in the sunday morning and lets go.

John, I'll be coming form West Orange, NJ we can drive up ;)

Cool the link works. Yea, come up with time we meet in the sunday morning and lets go.

John, I'll be coming form West Orange, NJ we can drive up ;)

Nice!! You mind meeting in Parsippany? We can take 287 to Thruway North to Monroe and take the back way to Bear Mountain. That way the roads are a little better, unfortunately my car rides as hard as a Porsche cup car.

I have to check with Karen first, we maybe able to get a baby sitter and she can come along.

Back