• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beat my Traffic Ticket

Can you post your written declaration for reference? I'd liek to see how you beat it.

Also, what do you mean they sent you a check for the bail amount? I thought you don't pay your ticket if you are fighting it.

Can you post your written declaration for reference? I'd liek to see how you beat it.

Also, what do you mean they sent you a check for the bail amount? I thought you don't pay your ticket if you are fighting it.

When you file a Written Declaration you MUST send a check with it for the full bail amount.

I swerved onto an offramp to avoid a piece of junk that came off a truck in front of me, and a cop who was blacked out, in the median, pulled me over because of it. I explained why I did the maneuver, and the cop kept quizzing me how much I had been drinking, the shade of my eyes, etc.

When it became clear I wasn't drunk, he still wrote me up for unsafe lane change, which made no sense, since if I had kept going there would have been a collision with the debris, at freeway speed. I quoted an article from the OC register a few years ago about a lady who died when a ladder came through her windshield, and also quoted a tort related to one's responsibility to avoid situations which could result in injury. I guess it could have gone either way, I had no factual evidence in my declaration, at the same time no rationale person is going to advise someone to drive straight into a heavy piece of junk at 70mph+

Occasionally I deserve tickets, but this was not such a situation; the cop was fishing for drunks, and should have given me a warning.

Congratulations Scorp! Won all my six traffic tickets! :redface::tongue:

Congratulations!

I wonder if whoever decided your case asked the cop whether or not there was a road obstruction.

I always wondered if it was actually possible to win by written declaration without any witnesses or evidence.

Good job! When I read the title of your thread, I thought you meant that you got a ticket for a really high amount and you wanted to see if anyone has ever received one for more money. :smile:

I am still confused why they returned your bail money if you just received an unsafe lane change ticket.

california is screwed up :)

I am still confused why they returned your bail money if you just received an unsafe lane change ticket.

california is screwed up :)
When you make your plea, you need to submit your bail money.

If you are found guilty, the State keeps it.

If you are found not guilty, they send it back.

It's really not any more complicated than that.

Good job! When I read the title of your thread, I thought you meant that you got a ticket for a really high amount and you wanted to see if anyone has ever received one for more money. :smile:

In terms of sheer numbers, Henry's six tickets are impressive; I think that matches my entire career :tongue:

Letter arrived Today, it states "reasonable doubt raised"

Occasionally I deserve tickets, but this was not such a situation; the cop was fishing for drunks, and should have given me a warning.

From my experience, LA County Sheriffs rarely give warnings. That said, I recently got a warning from one, but that was because he was driving too fast, ran an intersection without his lights and almost ran rear ended me. He felt I should yield to him as he throttles out of a school zone to beat the red light.

Back