• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

becareful of fraud on ebay

To all whom it may concern...this is in regards to a NSX posted on Ebay currently up for bid, item #1873915984 2002 NSX. The person or group who is trying to aution off this vehicle is not an employee of the Hoehn Auto group. He/She have NO rights to this vehicle, it is a scam, we are in the process of contacting Ebay to file fraud charges. If anyone have any idea of how we can uncover the identity of this person/persons please let us know. Thank you. Contact Justin at Hoehn Acura/Mercedes Benz/Porsche/Audi

Originally posted by justinjsw:
To all whom it may concern...this is in regards to a NSX posted on Ebay currently up for bid, item #1873915984 2002 NSX. The person or group who is trying to aution off this vehicle is not an employee of the Hoehn Auto group. He/She have NO rights to this vehicle, it is a scam, we are in the process of contacting Ebay to file fraud charges. If anyone have any idea of how we can uncover the identity of this person/persons please let us know. Thank you. Contact Justin at Hoehn Acura/Mercedes Benz/Porsche/Audi

I just checked out the auction and the seller may be fraudulent but I don't see anywhere they are claiming to be a member of Hoehn. Did you privately contact them or am I missing something? There are also no mentions of edits to the add. With only 20 + hours left they can't change the auction at this point anyway.

Maybe that is Hoehn in the backgroud of the picture? Even so - just wondering how you know they are passing themselves off as members of Hoehn and are 100% fraudulent?

Just curious - not that I would buy a car off Ebay from someone with 0 feedback without using their escrow service or equivelent.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

It sounds like Justin is saying that the car described in the listing actually belongs to Hoehn, but the person who listed it is not associated with Hoehn.

FWIW, the listing notes that the car has an automatic transmission but the VIN is for a car with a six-speed manual transmission.

To clear things up...the NSX is in our inventory, the picture is off our Hoehn internet site. Someone is trying to sell something that don't belong to them. I have send an email to the seller and he? is asking for 1000.00 down payment to stop the bids.

Perhaps someone w/out a digital camera trying to sell an "identical" car, but w/ pics of another car? I have seen other people caught doing this before..

Not saying this would be good or honest, but it would be less bad than selling a non-existant item.

Edit: Whups they posted a VIN!! Well then, 4-alarm fraud alert!!

[This message has been edited by Timbo (edited 03 December 2002).]

You guys don't seem to understand what Im saying. That NSX belongs to Hoehn. The vin is the same as our car...he/she has no ownership of that vehicle. Someone is trying to made some quick cash of some poor sucker. And there is one born everyday.

Here is the email I got when I asked them to clear up wether this is a 6spd or auto:

STANDORT DAIMLERRING AUTO LTD.

Charlottenplatz 17

70173 Stuttgart

Germany

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an automatic message sent by our company system as a reply to your message.If you did not e-mailed us please ignore this message and delete it immediately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest.

We are a Deutsch company who extended his activity outside the German border trying to sell his high quality products in other countries beside Germany.Our company have contracts with the most reputable manufacturers of cars from the market and for this reason we are able to offer you the lowest prices for the vehicles you desire.We have deposits in United States, Belgium, France and Italy and we are able to offer you high quality service like fast delivery, contacts with dealers from your country to establish maintenance terms, extended warranty, etc.

Our vehicles are all in perfect condition and very careful tested by our mechanical experts, in this way we can guarantee you that if you will buy a vehicle from our company,the satisfaction will be 100%.All our vehicles will come with all the papers who will confirm a clean history, with a clear title, also you will receive all the manuals and warranty papers and by case the inspection history on papers.

We will like to inform you also about our payment and shipping terms .

All our winning bidders or by case buyers outside eBay ,must send us a first payment with his full value of $2500 as an insurance that they have serious intentions to buy one of our vehicles. In this way we will be able to reserve the vehicles for them and start the procedures for ownership papers.

The first payment must be sent trough Western Union Money Transfer Service offered by Western Union Company. This is the fastest way to send and receive funds worldwide and in this way we will receive your first payment very fast and also will be able to start the procedures for sale right away.

After the first payment will be done and we will verify it with Western Union Company we will start the procedures for ownership papers and for the shipping.If you can afford a pick up,our company will provide you all the information you need for ,after we will have the confirmation of your first payment.

For all our customers we have operators online who can answer to all your questions in very short time and for this reason please do not hesitate to e-mail us with your questions and our online operator will help you.

For all the customers who want to buy now one of our vehicles listed on eBay:

You only have to e-mail us your offer and if we will consider that it is a good one,we will give you all the informations you need for your first payment($2500).

We will stop the auction only after we will receive your first payment.

VERY IMPORTANT:

WE OFFER TO ALL THE POTENTIAL BUYERS THE POSSIBILITY TO INSPECT THEIR FAVORITE VEHICLES BEFORE THE END OF THE AUCTION.

CONDITIONS FOR INSPECTION:

Every potential buyer who wants to inspect the vehicle before the end of the auction or before shipping,must send us a deposit with his full value of $1000 through Western Union Money Transfer or through Moneygram Money Transfer to one of our agents from Germany.

This deposit is a guarantee for us to stop the auction earlier or,by case,to reserve the vehicle for the customer who requests the inspection.

RETURN POLICY:

We will refund in full,the amount paid for the inspection if the customer who already inspected the vehicle,found the car in another condition like the one we described in our eBay auction.We also will refund him the western union fees and by case,the travel costs.

PAYMENT INFORMATIONS for inspection:

WE WILL E-MAIL YOU ALL THE INFORMATIONS YOU NEED RIGHT AFTER WE WILL RECEIVE YOUR REQUEST FOR INSPECTION.

Thank you

Sales Dept.

aha, using western union is a popular method for scammers. i was requested to pay via western union for an auction item once. i sensed foul play and decided to call western union and speak to the rep. she told me that i was definitely vulnerable to being scammed and not to go through with it. the guy even suggested that i send the money in my name and send him the confirmation number to 'prove' that the money 'existed', after he received my confirmation number, then he would ship. the logic was, by sending it in my name, he couldn't withdrawl the funds, but would be able to verify based on the confirrm. number. then after i received the product, i would transfer the funds to his name and the deal would be done. this sounded pretty safe, but the rep said this scam happens a lot. apparently, all he would have to do is get some fake form of id with my name on it and he would be able to get the funds. simple as that.

sorry for the ramble, but just wanted to share that experience to possibly keep someone else from being scammed.

I'm the one who alerted Hoehn to the scam, I got the same email they did. If you bid, you can then get access to the phone#, name and address that the seller has listed with ebay. I ran into this same exact guy trying to scam on a bimmer 750il armoured car. Ebay shut him down on that one and cancelled all his auctions. I was tempted to send him 25 cents via western union just to make life hard for him, but even after 'winning' the bogus 750il, his communications were minimal, making it hard for me to screw with him and hard for him to sucker anyone either. He must be hoping a real fool with too much money and negative common sense comes along...

Thanks for the info. We are still working with Ebay on this matter. When it involves a NSX we take it very personal.

------------------
Justin at Hoehn Acura/Mercedes Benz/porsche/Audi

Just an update...we now know who the person is. I do not want to post his name on this site. But thanks for everyones help.

------------------
Justin at Hoehn Acura/Mercedes Benz/porsche/Audi

How about having a public linching???

I will bring the rope
smile.gif

I'm wondering how will Acura respond and act in your case to this person? Sue him or ?

Originally posted by justinjsw:
Just an update...we now know who the person is. I do not want to post his name on this site. But thanks for everyones help.

Another fishy thing is there is a Viper listed AGAIN with no reserve AGAIN Item # 1874264657. If you look at the feedback listed they have a LOT of "not registered users" and regular users but if you check the feedback it has good feedback BUT a lot of them "bought" cars from the two or three of the same dealerships!

Why is Hoehn Acura here complaining about that eBay auction? They should be bidding the price of this NSX through the roof.
I don't see any downside to extreme bidding for something you already own.

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
Why is Hoehn Acura here complaining about that eBay auction? They should be bidding the price of this NSX through the roof.
I don't see any downside to extreme bidding for something you already own.

You have obviously missed the entire point of this thread & the action by Hoehn to thwart a criminal activity.

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
You have obviously missed the entire point of this thread & the action by Hoehn to thwart a criminal activity.
I belive Tony Montana was adding a little humor to the thread. IMO it would have been hilarious to win the bid, then email them a copy of the title and a few more pictures of the car with THEM standing by it.

------------------
1992 NSX

This was important so I posted on another thread too...

Sellers be wary also!
A big thing I have been hearing now is someone who is a buyer sends you payment + money for an item.

Let's say you sell something for $1k - they send you a cashier's check for $3k and ask for you to wire back $2k and send the item. Usually they say the allready made it out and trust you to send back the money, etc.

Problem is the cashier's check is BOGUS and often takes several days to uncover. By that time you have sent the product and wired the money. This happened to a friend of my wife's here in St. Louis and apperently is common as it is easy to obtain official looking cashier's checks.

Back