• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bel Canto Exhaust Review

Chado is running a GT-One 5.1, so although they look the same, the sound is actually different due to the changes in piping size and bends.

As nice as the 5.1 sounds, I prefer that of the Bel Canto. They're similar, but the Bel Canto has a "fuller" sound. Tytus used the word "melodious" and I think that it is one way to describe it. Listen to one in person at WOT and you'll understand.

My bad, I read in an older post they were one in the same, but I now know better. And if it does sound similar/better than the 5.1 then I still don't think I'd trade for the 5hp.

No offense but no exhaust out for the nsx sounds better than that youtube video you posted:eek:. That tubi for that f355, blows away all nsx exhausts. just my .02:biggrin:

Fixed =)

Has anyone determined the actual exhaust gas flow in this design?

It looks like the main exhaust gas flows from each cylinder bank both enter the large single muffler at its centerpoint. I wonder what happens inside that muffler? Are the two flows individually channelled out of each end or is it just one big baffled muffler where the gases kind of find their way out 'cos there's nowhere else to go?

Obviously the bypass pipework is there to introduce the harmonics that give them the fabulous high pitched scream :biggrin:

I love the sound of these exhausts but they don't look as efficient as the single muffler for each bank variety i.e. Taitec JGTC Parallel etc. Having said that the Taitec GTL also looks like a simple baffled muffler design and it seems to make good power.

Cheers

Mark

Gt-one Version 6 is now out.

I wonder if that has a improvement?

Eifel - Have you had another dyno now the ecu has had time to adjust and the exhaust is ran in? I hear exhausts tend to improve on performance after they have had a few miles put on them. They certainly sound slightly different so something is changing there.

Gt-one Version 6 is now out.

I wonder if that has a improvement?

Eifel - Have you had another dyno now the ecu has had time to adjust and the exhaust is ran in? I hear exhausts tend to improve on performance after they have had a few miles put on them. They certainly sound slightly different so something is changing there.

I have sold the exhaust right afterwords and bought a CTSC. It added 80 rwhp immediately after installation. No break in required! The Bel Canto is over rated IMO. BTW I am using oe muffler with my CTSC and very happy with it.

I have sold the exhaust right afterwords and bought a CTSC. It added 80 rwhp immediately after installation. No break in required! The Bel Canto is over rated IMO. BTW I am using oe muffler with my CTSC and very happy with it.

Obviously the Bel Canto and similar style exhausts are not ideal for forced induction. Best for NA.

I have a question for EIFFEL. If you shine a light into the exhaust at the welds inside were the bends are, do they look sanded smooth or still have ridges from the welds. With that much piping for the exhaust to go through if they didn't sand the weld points after each piece is welded on it will hurt flow a lot. Also muffler type used could be different inside causing the exhaust gases to slow down. Also running the same catalyzers on a exhaust with much longer runners then the exhaust you pulled off will slow down the gases even more. Your extra piping will become a heat sink. If you heat wrapped the exhaust or got ceramic coating to retain the heat results will be different. They putting some test pipes on and go back to the dyno and see what numbers you get and bring your old one along and test it after and see what you get. JGTC cars that ran exhausts like that didn't have cats so if you want the power gain like them loose the cats. Keeping cats on a exhaust with runners that long will always kill your gains.

Back