• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

best bottle heater?

i have the stock rm kit and need a bottle heater as the cold weather is now here. i want one with all the saftey stuff the rm kit came with but don't know which would be best for example i want the bottle heater to shut of once it gets to 1200psi etc.

thanks
stuart
p.s. Dave any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by smoore (edited 24 November 2002).]

Stu, I am using the nitrous express heater and it works great.we need to hook up soon.have you got a bottle blanket?
David
ps I will private you on something I have in the works YOU will be interested in,feel like beta testing?.I was up till 7 am this morning working on my NOS stuff and need some sleep.
David

is 1200 lbs too much is there a problem with running the bottle that much psi? when i get the bottle filled it sits at 1200 psi but it is put in with a pump and the bottle is warm but not too hot and when i spray it hits really hard and i was looking for that kinda psi all the time

I have the Nitrous Express also. Mine shuts off at 1100psi. I was always told that between 1000 and 1200 PSI is where you want to be.

Originally posted by nsxlover:
I have the Nitrous Express also. Mine shuts off at 1100psi. I was always told that between 1000 and 1200 PSI is where you want to be.

If I remember correctly @ 1050 is where the NOS atomizes.It was a hot day @ 1100 psi I exploded the rubber intake boot on my Cobra,flames shot out of the cowl and across the windshield (not good).My Nitrous Express heater is awesome it shuts down @ 900psi optimum safety range is 800-1000 psi.Just my experience.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by MYNSX:
If I remember correctly @ 1050 is where the NOS atomizes.
The amount of pressure the bottle is at has very little bearing on the atomization Nitrous Oxide gas. Nitrous Oxide is a liquid under pressure, upon hitting atmospheric pressures it converts vapor (ie. opening the bottle to atmosphere and see the white vapor). The reason the car runs better at 1000psi is because the sizing of the jets are calibrated for a certain psi. The ultimate nitrous set-up will a variable orifice.

Speed Safely,

Factor X Engineering www.factorxengineering.com

Originally posted by smoore:
is 1200 lbs too much is there a problem with running the bottle that much psi? when i get the bottle filled it sits at 1200 psi but it is put in with a pump and the bottle is warm but not too hot and when i spray it hits really hard and i was looking for that kinda psi all the time
Stu,I am suprised your bottle has not vented yet at the temp.saw your car when I was down at crown,looks like your horror trip was just that.sorry bro,hope she gets well soon.
david
btw I pulled over very fast on 54 ave as I saw HUNDREDS of dollars blowing on the road.picked up 3 c notes in twentys.also picked up nails in two tires hehe.karma is a bitch
wink.gif

David

Originally posted by Factor X Motorsports:
If I remember correctly @ 1050 is where the NOS atomizes.
The amount of pressure the bottle is at has very little bearing on the atomization Nitrous Oxide gas. Nitrous Oxide is a liquid under pressure, upon hitting atmospheric pressures it converts vapor (ie. opening the bottle to atmosphere and see the white vapor). The reason the car runs better at 1000psi is because the sizing of the jets are calibrated for a certain psi. The ultimate nitrous set-up will a variable orifice.

Speed Safely,

What would you say was the cause of the backfire/flames/exploded intake boot?
Possibly the outside temperature?

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

What would you say was the cause of the backfire/flames/exploded intake boot?
Possibly the outside temperature?

Was your Cobra equipped with the NOS plate system? If you were running the NOS system, typically the nitrous solenoids will not open after 1100psi. If this occurred your nitrous solenoid remained closed while your fuel solenoid opened. Resulting in an overly rich system with no nitrous (fuel puddling, etc).

Speed Safely,

Back