• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best car cover for daily outdoor use (sunny)

Hi Everybody,

I live in AZ (where it is VERY sunny) and I'm planning on buying a car cover for daily outdoor use. I'm just wondering if anybody has any good suggestions for sunny weather car covers. note: The cover will be put on and taken off 3-5 days a week.

Last edited:
look for a very soft inner liner for durability as you will remove/replace cover often. I think your local Acura dealer has a Quality cover

My opinion of the Acura cover is that it's a great indoor cover but I wouldn't recommend it for the outdoors for long periods. JMO. I guess you won't use it when rain season comes, right?

Take a look at Coverking who does make some oem covers for some high end car makes. I am a little biased since I am a new dealer for them but take a look at their materials for your reference and let me know if I can help you answer any questions for your intended use. We use many of their covers in our NY shop on the Ferrari's that we store there.

http://www.coverking.com/customcarcovers_materials.html

I also have a pretty new Acura OEM cover that I may part with if you decide to go that route.

BESTOUCH said:
I've got it! You need the one called (a garage) or the less expensive version called (a carport) :biggrin:

LOL!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The cover is for the car while it's sitting at work. I drive it 3 days a week and I usually don't get covered parking because
a) I work at Intel (10,000 employees)
b) I don't like parking in the compact spots (door dings)
c) I like to give the car some privacy :smile:

What do you guys think about the OEM cover being used about 8-9 hrs a day 3 days a week?

Thanks for your input guys, I'll take a look at coverkings and hopefully Hrant will give me some more info on his cover :smile: !!

im looking to buy the silverguard from coverking custom covers...anyone know of these?

For illustrative purposes

Outdoor:
Indoor:
Silverguard

A unique polyester drill fabric, coated with a highly sun, heat and water resistant coating. Silverguard is also breathable but less so compared to other Coverking fabrics. It is relatively compact and easy to handle and fairly soft to the vehicle's finish. Silverguard is suggested for vehicles parked in extreme sun conditions. The silver reflective coating blocks UV rays and is able to prevent degradation of the underlying polyester material. Silverguard is also a good choice for vehicles exposed to rain and snow, but only for short periods of time. 3 Year Pro-Rated Warranty

Find the Custom Fit Car Cover for Your Vehicle

dlynes said:
im looking to buy the silverguard from coverking custom covers...anyone know of these?

For illustrative purposes

Outdoor:
Indoor:
Silverguard

A unique polyester drill fabric, coated with a highly sun, heat and water resistant coating. Silverguard is also breathable but less so compared to other Coverking fabrics. It is relatively compact and easy to handle and fairly soft to the vehicle's finish. Silverguard is suggested for vehicles parked in extreme sun conditions. The silver reflective coating blocks UV rays and is able to prevent degradation of the underlying polyester material. Silverguard is also a good choice for vehicles exposed to rain and snow, but only for short periods of time. 3 Year Pro-Rated Warranty

Find the Custom Fit Car Cover for Your Vehicle

The Silverguards are covers that are like the Porsche OEM covers (Coverking is the OEM for the Porsche covers) if you've ever seen them. It is silver, somewhat reflective so good for the sunny areas. They are not great for rain or snow since water will get through after a while and with heavy rain. They also don't offer any ding protection since it is pretty thin without any cushioning.

thanks! well if ya dont mind, what would ya recommend for both outside/inside cover..I live in FL, so its either always sunny or rainy...for now, and prolly for a long time, cars garaged, but for some reason, if i have to put it outside, id like to just find a cover for outside and just use it inside til that day comes...

I love the acura factory oem car cover. I use it outdoors year round in NJ and its perfect.

I live in Houston TX, where its always either rainy or really sunny

I bought the Weatherford HD. Great product and works really well. It's supposed to provide superior protection against the sun and rain.

I also have an OEM car cover that I'm willing to sell if anyone is interested. (PM me)

I used the OEM cover for the first year here in Florida and it literally disintegrated and ripped apart after getting rained on several times. Also, it soaks up far too much water to put it into the trunk after our daily afternoon rain storms.

Last year I bought the Cover Craft Wheathershield and have been very happy with it. It's a thinner material than OEM, but is much easier to work with and it repels water. I got it in bright blue and having some fading from the sun at 1 year. Also, it can be washed in a normal washing machine.

Good luck!

http://www.covercraft.com/weathershield.htm

Thank you everybody for your replies, you gave me a lot of help! I had the opportunity to purchase a stormproof custom from coverking at a good price. Thanks to everybody's suggestions and links, I researched the product and it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for + a little bit more. I paid for the cover and I'm just awaiting its arrival. Thanks again!!

Back