• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Detailers in Michigan

For anyone interested in the very highest level of detailing possible on a car, I recently had my NSX detailed by Autolavish (http://www.autolavish.com). Marc and Jacob did a phenomenal job. For those who are familiar with my NSX, you know how clean it is. I challenged Marc and Jacob to take my car to another level and they met that challenge. They spent 12 hours at my house (yes - they come to your house, if you like) and spent most of the time on my car's exterior. The result in terms of the lustre, depth, and clarity of the finish is spectacular. You can see some of the photos taken to document the process here. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. You will not be disappointed with Autolavish!

Glad to hear you liked them Al, I had a feeling you would. Next year the blue car will get the treatment. :smile:

Marc just did a small detail job on the NSX since we still have to get the nose-repainted in the Fall so we are waiting to do the complete job in the Spring but the way the car looks now is amazing and it feels like it is wet. He buffed out the CC in the nose so we can live w/ it for now but he will be back in the Spring, not on my car though I am too poor for that. Sorry Perry I could not resist. LOL :tongue:

Those pics look phenomenal!

I've seen Al's car before and it was VERY clean to begin with!

Did I see in the photos that they even took off the license plate to clean behind it?!?

Must've cost a fortune...

My only concern is that they seemed to have cleaned off all of the grease in the door hinges... Is that really OK?

P.S. Your car is cleaner than new but I think you need to clean some dust off of your camera lens! :biggrin:

Marc just did a small detail job on the NSX since we still have to get the nose-repainted in the Fall so we are waiting to do the complete job in the Spring but the way the car looks now is amazing and it feels like it is wet. He buffed out the CC in the nose so we can live w/ it for now but he will be back in the Spring, not on my car though I am too poor for that. Sorry Perry I could not resist. LOL :tongue:

Tim- I am glad you are happy with Marc's work. I agree with you - the car feels AND looks wet. The photos don't do it justice.

Those pics look phenomenal!

I've seen Al's car before and it was VERY clean to begin with!

Did I see in the photos that they even took off the license plate to clean behind it?!?

Must've cost a fortune...

My only concern is that they seemed to have cleaned off all of the grease in the door hinges... Is that really OK?

P.S. Your car is cleaner than new but I think you need to clean some dust off of your camera lens! :biggrin:

Motegi- Thanks. Yes, they did remove the license plate. They were going to remove the rear spoiler, too, but I told them not to bother. They did remove excess grease from various hinges(doors and hood). That is one of their pet peeves of dealer auto mechanics that just slop on the grease. My car has never been cleaner. I joke that it used be clean enough to eat off of; now it is clean enough for surgery to be performed on it. :biggrin:

Check them out - you will love them. It does cost a decent amount, but our babies are worth it.

She certainly came out great!

nsxdetail100.jpg

nsxdetail043.jpg

nsxdetail021.jpg

Clarity on the right is better than clarity on the left - this isn't a mistake, but rather half done and half not. The entire front end was sanded and then polished to perfection in order to remove orange peel, which then helped to match the OEM paint.

nsxdetail065.jpg

Results were stunning.

4928647816_372bb4889e_z.jpg

^^Looks great now where are those pics of the LBBP. :biggrin:

^^Looks great now where are those pics of the LBBP. :biggrin:

Hmm... don't know what you're talking about :rolleyes:

Only worked on the car for a very limited time - the real work will be in the Spring.

Of course she was properly and carefully washed.

DSC09842.jpg

Wheels carefully cleaned, to include inside of the wheels.

DSC09868.jpg

Exhaust tips received a nice cleaning.

DSC09857.jpg

The only real paint correction occurred on the front bumper. Here's a "50/50" after the first step. You can see there's a big improvement, but the section "done" isn't quite done yet and needed more work to remove the scratches/swirls.

DSC09887.jpg

Finish with the bumper.

DSC09907.jpg

Waxed the wheels, to include the calipers and inside of the wheels.

DSC09930.jpg

Of course the inside of the gas cap area was sealed as well :)

DSC09931.jpg

With proper polishing to occur in 2011, I gave her a layer of a glaze product to increase the gloss and help hide swirls/light scratches for the time being. This only took 20 minutes and really helped the look and slickness.

DSC09932.jpg

Used Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant over top to provide outstanding durability, slickness, and gloss on all painting surfaces and glass (for increased clarity and ease of cleaning in the future).

DSC09940.jpg

All finished!

DSC09955.jpg

DSC09973.jpg

DSC09958.jpg

DSC09954.jpg

DSC09962.jpg

She certainly came out great!

nsxdetail100.jpg

nsxdetail043.jpg

nsxdetail021.jpg

Clarity on the right is better than clarity on the left - this isn't a mistake, but rather half done and half not. The entire front end was sanded and then polished to perfection in order to remove orange peel, which then helped to match the OEM paint.

nsxdetail065.jpg

Results were stunning.

4928647816_372bb4889e_z.jpg

Hot dang I'll say! You turned that sickly yellow sled into a sweet Imola orange monster! :smile: Ahhh, just funnin' ...

Hot dang I'll say! You turned that sickly yellow sled into a sweet Imola orange monster! :smile: Ahhh, just funnin' ...

Perhaps my Spa Yellow is like fine wine and ages over time into Imola Orange....Is it possible???:tongue:

:tongue:
lol. I have nothing to do with how the photographer edits the pics!

Perhaps my Spa Yellow is like fine wine and ages over time into Imola Orange....Is it possible???:tongue:

;)
I'd still prefer Spa in the condition you have yours in any day.

Back