• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Honda and Acura service in Houston

Just moved to Houston a few months ago. I'm looking for recommendations for where to take my Honda and Acura cars for service in town.

thanks!

I have heard that Stearling McCall Acura on 59S is the place to bring your acura. Stay away from John Eagle Acura. My brother lives in houston and is only 5 miles away from John Eagle and drives across town to Stearling McCall.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I have lived 10 minutes from John Eagle Honda for the last 6 years, up until I moved to Norway a few months ago. You will get different stories depending on who you talk to. I would drive and additional half hour or more down to Acrua Southwest, simply because I was treated badly several times at John Eagle, and always treated like a king at Southwest. Karl McCoulan (sp?) is the NSX tech at southwest, and is a great guy! I still picked up the occasional part from John Eagle, but if the car needed to go on the lift, it went to Southwest. Others I speak with have never had a any issues with John Eagle, and use them when needed. John Gray used to be the Service/Shop Manager at John Eagle, and probably still is. He and I did not see eye to eye?!?!?

Originally posted by NormRD:
I have heard that Stearling McCall Acura on 59S is the place to bring your acura. Stay away from John Eagle Acura. My brother lives in houston and is only 5 miles away from John Eagle and drives across town to Stearling McCall.

------------------
John C. Hanks
RBI Senior Engineer/Project Manager/Consultant
Det Norske Veritas AS/CNCNO744 Stavanger
Stavanger Office Phone: (+47) 51 50 60 42
Stavanger Fax (+47) 51 50 60 70
Stavanger Mobile: (+47) 91 58 03 35

"EXCELLENCE is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others believe is possible!"

John Gray has not been the Service Manager at John Eagle Acura since 97 when he was, uhhh, administratively released. Kevin Graves has held that position for the last five years.

Yes, you will certainly get different stories. Why this past weekend I rec'd a phone call from an NSXer that is (was?) a LONGTIME customer at Sterling McCall Acura with their multiples NSXs. Our conversation centered around where else to take the car because they don't trust Sterling McCall anymore for reasons not disclosed to me.

In closing, the opinions of the various dealers presented herein vary widely, and will change over time. Case in point, the master tech who worked on my car at John Eagle Acura now works at a Honda dealership. Nothing against JEA, but guess where I take my car? You see, it is not the dealership that we do or don't like, it is the technician wrenching on the car.

BTW, hejo, Gillman Acura on Rankin Road is *much* closer to you.

I brought my NSX to Sterling-McCall after a recommendation from a friend and they blew me away with their service. I Live in Louisiana and drove 4 hours to have them do the 60k service including timing belt, water pump,etc. I dropped off my car that morning to the cleanest service shop have ever seen in my life. They gave me an Infinity TL for the day. They called an hour after I left the shop to tell me the key to the rims were missing, which I had to get overnighted from Dallas from the previous owner. They offered to let me take the TL back to Louisiana while they worked on my car. When I refused they set me up with a car rental company so I could drive home and then they brought me to the airport (45minutes) to pick up my rental car. When my car was ready a few days later , I flew back and they picked me up at the airport. They did an awesome job on my car and they were $500.00 cheaper than Acura of Baton Rouge. These guys not only know what they are doing , but they go out of their way for their customers.

Re: Best NSX service in Houston

Glad I found this thread using my friend the Search button :D ...so who is or are the best NSX Techs in Houston today, and how can I get in touch with him?

Andy, you gave me the name of an NSX tech awhile back, but I don't remember it now.

Spider -
In my opinion, THE BEST NSX tech in Houston is Brad at Autologic. I have used Autologic exclusively for the past six months, and honestly believe they are the best. I am a very discriminating owner, and I only trust them once the car is out of my possession. Additionally, their prices are very competitive with any dealer in town, and their hours are more flexible in my opinion.

If you want every bolt torqued to spec and every detail addressed accordingly, this is where you need to take your car.

Speak to Brad at Autologic:

[email protected] or 713-516-2081

Good luck -
Darren

mmmvious said:
Spider -
In my opinion, THE BEST NSX tech in Houston is Brad at Autologic. I have used Autologic exclusively for the past six months, and honestly believe they are the best. I am a very discriminating owner, and I only trust them once the car is out of my possession. Additionally, their prices are very competitive with any dealer in town, and their hours are more flexible in my opinion.

If you want every bolt torqued to spec and every detail addressed accordingly, this is where you need to take your car.

Speak to Brad at Autologic:

[email protected] or 713-516-2081

Good luck -
Darren

I have to completely agree with Darren. I have gotten nothing but perfect service from Brad at Autologic. I don't know too many guys that torque the oil pan drain plug to spec, but he does. I never thought about that before, but that is what is so great about his service. He gets those small details and goes that extra mile.
Good Luck.
David G.

Back