• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Location for the Ipod Adapter w/Smartenna

Hey guys, need a bit of advise on the best approach to locate the ipod adapter in conjunction with the smartenna. Currently I have both in the trunk but would like to have the ipod in the car (center console). The problem I think I have is that the Smartenna needs to be wired between the ipod adapter and the connection in the trunk to make the connectioj to the antenna easy.

I am thinking about extending one of the pieces but want to know the best location to extend wires and what routing method works best.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Just to confirm, Warren, in this arrangement the SmarTenna works with the iPod in the same manner as it does with the cd changer? I ask only because the SOS guys say the iPod adapter and the SmarTenna can't be used together!

Just to confirm, Warren, in this arrangement the SmarTenna works with the iPod in the same manner as it does with the cd changer? I ask only because the SOS guys say the iPod adapter and the SmarTenna can't be used together!

I use a Grom unit for this reason. Works very much the same as the USA-spec, but the smartenna works with Grom as it does with a cd changer.

Thanks for the advice. Warren. I installed the Grom unit (anyone want to buy an unused USA-Spec PA11-HON?) behind the drivers seat and then routed just the small wires and in-line DIN Pin from the Smartenna into the cabin. Everything works just fine.

I didn't do any drilling of the console or speaker enclosure. I routed the cable out the bottom of the speaker enclosure and into the console with about 6 inches of slack. The gap between the console and the lid allows the wire to slip through without crushing the cable or preventing the lid from closing.

Looks fine, works great. Thanks for the detailed instructions and pictures you posted. They helped a lot.

Back