• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

best service to sell a domain?

i'm interested in selling one of my domains and would appreciate your experience-based recommendation on the service to generate the highest sale price with the least amount of "issues". any / all heads-up / beware warnings are welcome, too.

thx in advance.
hal

I'm curious myself. Does it get a decent amount of traffic? I have a 4 letter .Com domain with the name of a billion $ npo. They use .Org. I've had it since 1996 and used to get all their email and traffic. Was hoping they'd buy it but they don't appear very interested. Oh well.

you can sell your domain like its a car, IE craiglist ebay etc. or whom ever hosts your domain normally offers a service to sell it for you part of your contract in some cases.

and do you own the .com .org .net for the same name people like to have the magic 3's so others cant get their traffic

when ever getting a domain always buy all three at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

we had a client that wanted the .com but some azzhat owned it and wanted like 1.3 million for it our client declined and said .org .net is enough for them. they are always 100% on top or 1st of the search engines so they are happy with how we set it up

pm me with your sites name and I can look it up and give you an idea of its worth.

thx very much for the quick feedback, guys, much appreciated. checking around some of the domain-value sites it appears the auction value is 2-3k. a quick google indicates there are several companies with my domain name (minus the .com) as the primary words in their company name; i intend to email them that the domain is available for purchase and see what happens ... i sold one of my dormant domains a few years back using this approach and it was fairly profitable.

thx again for the feedback.

Flippa.com is a good site. This is mostly full websites for sale, but there are also good(expensive) domains for sale on there.
I've used them several times with good results.

There are also 'domain brokers' like:
https://sedo.com/us/buy-domains/domain-brokerage/

I've bought a really expensive domain from http://www.buydomains.com/ before and liked the process.
They have a lot of premium domains. That said, I don't see where you can sell.
Might be worth a call though.

Last edited:
I was just looking through flippa and was curious about sites claiming they were making a few hundred a month. I was wondering how they were doing that, so I went to check out a few and either there was no website at all, or it was just a landing page, no adds, no banners, clickthrus, etc. So I don't see any way they're actually making any $$.

I was just looking through flippa and was curious about sites claiming they were making a few hundred a month. I was wondering how they were doing that, so I went to check out a few and either there was no website at all, or it was just a landing page, no adds, no banners, clickthrus, etc. So I don't see any way they're actually making any $$.

You have to be careful when buying and do your due diligence.
There's good deals, but it is the internet... I was actually thinking(passing thought) of setting up a company that does business valuation of website-based companies.
There's a lot to it when you get to analyzing google penalties, fake web traffic, etc. The most legit people will give you access to their google analytics and will let you do a remote 'gotomypc' to their computer where they can show you financials, etc. I would never take someone's word for it, and I would ignore all sites under 5 years old.
Yeah, a lot of 'too good to be true' website for sale there.

Back