• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

best way to spend 5k

I would probably look at doing Headers, Exhaust and Chip. Then I would get HID lights (awesome). That will probably eat up about 4K.

Save the rest for tires :)

any particular brands for the intake, header, chip, and hid's. i was thinking ARC intake, fujitsubo headers and exhaust, and i'm not sure about the rest

NSXkid11 said:
any particular brands for the intake, header, chip, and hid's. i was thinking ARC intake, fujitsubo headers and exhaust, and i'm not sure about the rest

I hope you aren't talking about the Fujitsubo headers that cost $13,380.00, but rather the ones for $2600.00

For you list items, that would add up to right about 3000 (for just the headers and intake, not including tax and shipping...)
That would leave you 2K for exhaust and other mods, which isnt much.

My opinion:
Taitec headers and exhaust
Nice set of wheels

And thats probably over 5K right there (depending on wheels)...

5 grand doesn't really buy you much, it all adds up pretty quick

I would go taitec headers, anytime exhuast, forget the Intake (waste of money). That is $2700. Then you have to get them installed. $300 ish.

So you have $2000 left for some wheels.

If you drive a lot at night, I would get HID's before wheels.

I would think about what it is you DON'T like about the car, and spend the money on changing that.

Spending money just because you want to spend money doesn't seem to make a lot of sense...

I'd buy a Brembo Kit and some BBS RGR's..... then I would start saving up so I could buy some S-03's (AND I could do it all without leaving the office) :D

AaronR said:
I'd buy a Brembo Kit and some BBS RGR's..... then I would start saving up so I could buy some S-03's (AND I could do it all without leaving the office) :D

Sounds good. :D

How about racing schools like Skip Barber + a year worth of track events? You will be able to go really fast!!

No mods needed to the car, then.

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone asked him what year his NSX was. Some of you guys are spitting out headers when if he has a 1997+ that is probably one of the last things he should change.

I think NSXTasy has the best idea, change what bothers you the most first. For me that item was the suspension. My 98 has, IMO semi-OK brakes, but the body roll was way too much for me. For just under 5K I got Zanardi springs, Koni adjustables, comptech sway bars, type R chasis braces, OZ superleggeras with S03s!! I think that is the best bang for the buck. A little more cash ($800-) and you throw in a Paddock exhaust for a great sound and a tad more power :):)

jadkar said:
I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone asked him what year his NSX was. Some of you guys are spitting out headers when if he has a 1997+ that is probably one of the last things he should change.

His profile says 1995...

If I had it to do over again I would get Volk 6-spokes in 18/17,
headers, exhaust and Bilstein's on lower perch. That would be about 5 k (without labor). Welcome to the slippery slope.

Tires. Get the lightest set of strong wheels you can find and in the size you want. Then get the best of tires you can afford and have it at. The biggest and best performance enhancer you can get are tires.

The best advice is to go through a performance driving school but people rarely follow that advice. So the next best is the above -IMHO.

I would also rec'd Skip Barber, a very professional organization with good instuctors. Intro to Racing (1-day) is about $700. They also have defensive driving type courses and all levels of racing schools if you wish to persue an SCCA license. If your ultimate goal is to track your NSX, this is probably the first place to spend your $. If your goal is a cool-looking and sounding car,
do a 1-day school and spend the rest on your car.

NSXkid11 said:
i do want to go to a driving school. a few budies and i were looking into it. whats a good school near san francisco, and how much does it cost?
Too bad you missed NSXPO 2003, which was at Infineon Raceway last October.

I recommend joining the NSX Club of America (NSXCA) and signing up for this event, a joint event of the NCRC and the NSXCA, which will take place in May. There should be plenty of NSXs there...

if you track the car, then spend all 5k on suspension upgrade

if you don't track the car, spend 5k on performance upgrade

Back