• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

better angle on A-Rod's cheating attempt

Here's the best angle I've seen so far of A-Rod's hysterical attempt to cheat his Yankees into contention against the BoSox. I think it really captures the true essence of Alex Rodriguez...

A-Rod.jpg

He knows that once the hand with the ball in it touches his body he's OUT!! Was he thinking he could fool the Ump? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

nsxr1 said:
Here's the best angle I've seen so far of A-Rod's hysterical attempt to cheat his Yankees into contention against the BoSox. I think it really captures the true essence of Alex Rodriguez...
You're right, A-Rod is the only player that has tried to cheat. I'm sure you would be saying the same thing about him if the trade to the Sox had worked out. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Let's be honest, A-Rod is an excellent baseball player (who had an off year, for him). Is he the most likeable guy? No, I think he's kind of weasely, both when he was here in Dallas, and now with the Yankees. Would I rather have him at 3B than Bill Mueller or Aaron Boone? Absolutely!

ss_md said:
He knows that once the hand with the ball in it touches his body he's OUT!! Was he thinking he could fool the Ump? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Absolutely not true in the big's (maybe in pee wee). If the fielder drops the ball immediately after the tag, he did not have full control of the ball and the runner is safe.

I think what you meant to say is in the official rules under section 7.08(b)... A Runner is out when... "He intentionally interferes with a thrown ball; or hinders a fielder attempting to make a play on a batted ball; A runner who is adjudged to have hindered a fielder who is attempting to make a play on a batted ball is out whether it was intentional or not."

If A-rod's hands or arms had unintentionally interfered by a normal running motion, he would have been safe. But the slap was too blatant!

It's over already .... the Red Sox got the call, went on to win the game & the ALCS & they're now in the WS - now what exactly is the problem?
Let it go man ...........

nkb said:
You're right, A-Rod is the only player that has tried to cheat. I'm sure you would be saying the same thing about him if the trade to the Sox had worked out. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Did I write that Rodriguez is the only player to attempt cheating? Better brush up on your reading skills. Obviously there are (and have been) many low-lifes in baseball - as well as other sports - who are inclined to cheat anytime they are backed into a corner or otherwise feel they might get away with it. There are also many athletes who pride themselves on playing within the rules (which, whether you realize it or not, IS admirable). A-Rod not only showed himself to belong in the former group, but he also demonstrated his stupidity in thinking he might actually get away with such a blatant and obvious attempt to slap the ball out of Arroyo's glove. As for the BoSox trade that almost was - I was glad at the time (and still am) that it fell through. Nothing worse than an overrated, overpaid, whining prima donna I can't stand playing for the Red Sox...

JOPRIMO said:
Absolutely not true in the big's (maybe in pee wee). If the fielder drops the ball immediately after the tag, he did not have full control of the ball and the runner is safe.

Exactly right. Why do you think they try and kill the catcher when a play at the plate is made???

nsxr1 said:
Nothing worse than an overrated, overpaid, whining prima donna I can't stand playing for the Red Sox...
You must not like Manny Ramirez then either, who actually makes more than A-Rod.

I can't argue about overpaid (which professional athlete isn't, but $22M is ridiculous) or whining prima donna, but overrated? Now you are letting your emotions cloud your judgement. Go take a look at his stats sometime (including fielding), then come back and make the "overrated" argument again.

But, as D'Ecosse said, what exactly is the problem here? Why are you so intent on ripping A-Rod? Your Red Sox are in the World Series, let it go.

nsxr1 said:
Did I write that Rodriguez is the only player to attempt cheating? Better brush up on your reading skills. Obviously there are (and have been) many low-lifes in baseball - as well as other sports - who are inclined to cheat anytime they are backed into a corner or otherwise feel they might get away with it.
Can you please give some more examples of A-Rod's cheating? He must do it all the time, if your opinion of him is so strong.

Or are you basing your character judgement on this one play?

"Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway

It's just a game folks. Nothing to get too excited about.

Back