• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Better sounding exhaust than GT-One??

Which Exhaust do you think sounds better?

• GT-One

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • ADVANCE TITAN GT

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
I think if I heard a car with a GT-One coming, I'd think Rice, and then when the NSX pulled up I'd think "crap, I wasn't expecting this."

Hey phi, don't you think you will need to start down the big mod road when you put on such an aggressive exhaust? I know you have been thinking about it based on previous threads. If the car sounds f1 then won't you need the bodykit and big rear wing? I think even the nsx-r wing looks to small for a car that sound like it should be in the lemans. IMO the greater the exhaust sounds - the more compelled you are to overhaul the aging design of our car.

That's a really really good point. Nobody wants a loud ass car at idle. That's not classy.

LOL Tell me about it. That exhaust might give you a headache just going to the store. GT One probably sounds close to the Advance in Titanium. Turbo2go could confirm for us. Also note all the Titanium exhausts were louder than the SS.

LOL Tell me about it. That exhaust might give you a headache just going to the store. GT One probably sounds close to the Advance in Titanium. Turbo2go could confirm for us. Also note all the Titanium exhausts were louder than the SS.

Louder:frown: lighter:biggrin: more expensive.:frown:

Hey phi, don't you think you will need to start down the big mod road when you put on such an aggressive exhaust? I know you have been thinking about it based on previous threads. If the car sounds f1 then won't you need the bodykit and big rear wing? I think even the nsx-r wing looks to small for a car that sound like it should be in the lemans. IMO the greater the exhaust sounds - the more compelled you are to overhaul the aging design of our car.

I don't dig the big wings and stuff. IMO the NSX has very clean low lines, and putting a big wing on the car visually pulls the lines up of the car upward, and I think I like my car to be as low slung as possible. Yeah, I'm thinking engine work next winter. 3.5 at first. Then maybe FI the following winter.

Ok so 2 more questions....

#1 GT or Tubi?

And.. #2 If I have an aftermarket exhaust on the car, Tubi / GT / or the comptech I currently have... how will the tone of my car change once I go 3.5 or FI? In your opinions, should exhaust be the last thing chosen after engine work is done, because I assume how an exhaust sounds on the car now will be different after the motorwork is done.

I am sure the quality is there.... but :eek: $4k for any exhaust is robbery IMO
there just cannot be enough there to justify the price...unless it adds 80hp!!!

Careful Scott he's a sly one. Next thing you know he'll be pm'ng you with shots of it all installed looking sexy , telling you how light it is the whole deal!

There is a video of Alex's car running the V2 back then on a track.....the V3 is louder than the V2. Let me see if I can find it.....:biggrin:

The key is having a x-pipe design as you can see by all the Arms and Gt-one to get that high pitch sound. H pipe design all sound alike imo just differnt dB.

The key is having a x-pipe design as you can see by all the Arms and Gt-one to get that high pitch sound. H pipe design all sound alike imo just differnt dB.
ok sorry for my ignorance, the example below shows the difference between H and X pipe correct?

Route KS
040210_15.jpg

Arms Engineering
S-4.jpg

Back