• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

big brake kit / wheels....... what works?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to see if we could get owners that have added big brake kits to list what wheels they are running to clear that particular kit. Lud, I think this would be a great addition to the FAQ. (forgive me if this is there and I missed it, I looked)So let's see what we come up with:

1.) Brake kit
2.) Wheel brand and size (width, offset, etc)
3.) Spacers/no spacers (if so what size?)

See if we can save some headache of doing countless searches for people that are adding new brake kits/wheels.

------------------
Jason

EDO:

You have Racing Hart CP-035-R's?

I went to my RH dealer and they said that they were available for the NSX, but that the rim only comes in 18" .. you listed that you have a 17 X 7.5.

Was that a typo? Do you have CP-035's? There is a difference between CP-035 and CP-035R

-B

The CP-035 R's only come in 18 inch sizes, and the polished/chrome looking finish.
The standard CP-035 wheels comes in 17x8 +38mm Offset. The 17x7.5 do not come in +38mm offset. I think Edo had his custom made.

Originally posted by BoneZ:
EDO:

You have Racing Hart CP-035-R's?

I went to my RH dealer and they said that they were available for the NSX, but that the rim only comes in 18" .. you listed that you have a 17 X 7.5.

Was that a typo? Do you have CP-035's? There is a difference between CP-035 and CP-035R

-B

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 02 April 2002).]

The CP-035R is only available in 18", Edo mistyped.

17x8.0, 18x10.0 Tecnomagnesio (old style) - street
17x8.0, 17x10.0 Technomagnesio (new style) - track - going to be replaced soon, these are too heavy!

ScienceofSpeed AP Stage 1 Brake Kit

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Sorry guys my mistake.
18x7.5" and 18x9.5"
Front's were custom made to clear the Brembo's.

They are for sale right now. I am selling the whole set with tires for $3500.

New CP-035R's would cost almost the same amount without the tires...

So we only have 3 NSX owners on this board with one of the aftermarket brake kits?

------------------
Jason

I think most of us are using wheels that are widely known to fit, like Tecnomagnesio or Simmons.

comptech brembo 12.4 kit with ssr comp 17/7.5

Back