• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Big Brake Question

I've been speaking with one of our possible future customers and an NSX Prime reader about big brakes. Luckily for him, he wants a style and size which we think just clear his big brake package that requires 1.67" of overhang. This is with the 1.5" outer wheel lip as opposed to the 1.0" lip. We also found out that the option I want for my car requires the 1.0" lip.

Do you guys know the brake overhang and diameter requirements for the big brake kits offered for the NSX? We'd really like to be able to offer an aggressive wheel fitment that we know clears the customer's brakes without having to research it every time or default to something that we know works but doesn't push it as far as we'd like. It would also be nice to give the customer more info. Something like, "Go with option A and you can use brakes kit A, B or C. Go with option B and you can use brake kits A, B, C, D or E, etc."

I imagine a lot of you have done this research when purchasing brakes since I assume most don't fit under the stock wheels. I found the Brembo info on SOS, but we had that info already from Brembo directly. SOS AP kit? Comptech's kits? Others?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black NSX
HID only so far. Needs wheels!
Performance upgrades coming as soon as I can scrape up the cash! Donations much appreciated!!

Check out our website at http://www.hrewheels.com

Back