• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Big Brother is Watching You at Wal-Mart

Spencer said:
You draw the line when it becomes a crazy, idiotic risk. Like for example, when cooking up meth renders the entire neighborhood unsafe, and a house uninhabitable requiring people to enter it in moon suits and strip it down to the studs. That's when it morphs from a cutesy theoretical ACLU discussion of civil rights into a full blown pain in the ass.

And I suppose some might view buying 100 packages of Sudafed as an inalienable constitutional right. But as a measure of how bad it is, even the ever liberal Washington State legislature has moved to restrict the sale of the ephedrine and pseudoephedrine used to cook meth. And guess what? It's actually working:

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/news/2004news/2004-019.html

Last year we only had to clean up 1,480 sites at a cost TO TAXPAYERS of $2 million! Yipee!
Spencer,
You are once again missing the point.

I won't argue with you on how this may or may not affect illegal meth labs, because I have no insight into this situation.

The point is that while Walmart spying on its customers may be beneficial in one area, it is still an invasion of privacy. The end does not justify the means
ONCE AGAIN, who decides where it stops? Where are the guarantees that this spying will be limited to jerkoffs that want to start a meth lab?

Back