• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Big Thanks to Charles (nsxlife) and Acura of Lynnwood

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Charles (nsxlife) and Acura of Lynnwood for awesome customer service and professional care. Took my NSX in for a thorough inspection and every step of the process was quick, timely, and professional. Charles introduced me to the master tech, assistant tech, and team leader that would be working on the car. Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly. The master tech (John) was incredibly knowledgable about our cars and I felt like I was in great hands. Service loaner was there as soon as I arrived and got the car back the same day. I could go on and on, but basically I'm just glad we have a resource like Charles and his team in our neighborhood. Thanks buddy!

Albert

I need to add to kudos for Charles also, I'm picking up my car on Friday and heading over to Charles to pickup a set of CT headers that I will ceramic coat at Performance Coatings in Auburn. There are new colors and coating types available since the last time I coated the titainium headers on my Atlantic car. The site is www.performancecoatings.com and the new Satin type is what I will need to go with as I'm used to seeing exhaust gas temperature in excess of 1500F in my racing engines and even though the NSX will be cooler I'm shooting for longevity here. Any suggestions for colors guys? By the way I extremly satisfied with both guys (John)at Zahntech and Charlie so my car will patronize both shops equally!

Last edited:
Tally so far Satin blast = 3
Satin blue = 1
Satin black = 1
I'll check the thread and update on Sunday night so far it looks as though I'm going with Satin blast! I voted for blue by the way but I'm losing LOL!

Last edited:
Just picked up my headers tonight and will take them in on Monday to ceramic coat and still trying to decide what color finish anymore votes anyione? Oh I will try to get use of an infrared camera to take before and after shots of the engine bay temperature. I will set the emissivity of the camera to get a quantified results on the display that you will be able to read and since my car is black anyway this should work really well.
Big thanks Charles!!!

Albert, it's great to meet you and I'm extremely happy you gave me the opprotunity to help you!
Rick, thanks for coming in and I vote for the satin blast on that CT header and I can't wait to see (and feel) the final result!
Arnon, anyone you refer to me including yourself can be guaranteed are in good hands!
I love these cars and so far all of the owners I've come in contact with have been great people too. I'm happy to be a part of the club and I just want everyone to know that I will do whatever I can to help in anyway I can. Everyone please keep Acura of Lynnwood and I in mind anytime you need service and you'll get the hook up!
Thanks again guys, this thread and all of your props are much appreciated!:smile:

Satin blast is the choice I gave today when I dropped off the headers at the ceramic coating dealer and I should get them next week on Monday-Wednesday 7-10 days is the quoted time frame. I will post pictures of the finished headers before taking them to Charles for installation! If I'm successful at procuring an infrared camera then you will have before and after shots of the engine compartment!

4mulacar great choice! I can't wait to see those headers when their done. I hope you get the infra red camera too, maybe this is something I'll have to do myself. It's very interesting and I'm excited for the results. Keep me posted!

I'd like to also thank Charles, Jon (NSX Tech), and Acura of Lynnwood for their outstanding service. I brought my (soon to be at the time) 99 Yellow NSX-T in for a Pre-Buy inspection. Jon did a thorough job inspecting the car and pointing out the problems. Fortunately there wasn't anything major, but he pointed out everything he could find, including any wear and things to watch for. Charles took the time to show me how everything works on the NSX and answered all of my questions. I take my other Acura's to Acura of Lynnwood and have always been happy with their service. This was just the icing on the cake. Thanks again for everything!

I'm now a proud new owner of a 1999 Yellow NSX-T. :)

Congratulations LynchburgJack! Glad to see another yellow NSX member! :biggrin:

Congratulations Brenten! I'm super happy for you! Your car is beautiful bro. FYI hepcats has the ipod adaptor that I was telling you about. I'm sure you could contact him for any questions on that. Remember to hit me up anytime you need anything. Keep in touch, I can't wait to hook up and go on a drive!:cool:

Well guys the headers are back and I will be contacting Charles on Tuesday to setup the install but for now here are the pictures! Satin Blast!!!:smile:

Attachments

• P1010241.jpg
    P1010241.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 98
  • P1010242.jpg
    P1010242.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 88
  • P1010243.jpg
    P1010243.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 76
Holy Smokes...I can't wait to see those bad boys in person! Were you able to get that infra red camera for before and after heat comparisons?

I will drop off the headers for protection in your office as per our discussion today after I drop off my car at Zahntech for the Comptech spring installation. Oh yes I did secure the infrared camera!

Good to see you today 4mulacar. Your in good hands and I can't wait for the final results! Make sure when you check in you ask for Rick. He runs the team Jon Lai works on (BOTH ASE & HONDA-MASTER TECH & NSX GURU). I will have you all set up, but please specify again with them in person for what areas you want detailed and it will be done at no charge to you. In the mean time, let me know if I can do anything else for you.
Talk to you soon,
Charles

I will drop off the headers for protection in your office as per our discussion today after I drop off my car at Zahntech for the Comptech spring installation. Oh yes I did secure the infrared camera!

Good to see you today 4mulacar. Your in good hands and I can't wait for the final results! Make sure when you check in you ask for Rick. He runs the team Jon Lai works on (BOTH ASE & HONDA-MASTER TECH & NSX GURU). I will have you all set up, but please specify again with them in person for what areas you want detailed and it will be done at no charge to you. In the mean time, let me know if I can do anything else for you.
Talk to you soon,
Charles
Hello Charles, Jon did a great job on my car, the alignment feels really good I couldn't be more pleased, tell John it feels if though I aligned it per my Reynard Atlantic and man I'm picky just ask my crew chief who lets me align my own car! The infrared report is complete and I will upload this tonight, early numbers are a 70 degree drop in under hood temperature not bad and when you turn on the A/C almost instant cold air no hot air blast!

Well here we go I have the infrared photos ready for you to see. The first photos represents the stock exhaust manifold after a 35 minute drive to Acura of Lynnwood; the circle with the 1 in it is the aft exhaust manifold.
In the second picture you are now looking at the ceramic coated header in the same location aft circle 1 is one of the header pipes, circle 2 is a reflected image and circles 3-4 are actual header pipes. There is about a 50 - 70 degree heat reduction in this area.
Picture 3 is the header from underneath the car and I aplogize for the vertical representation as I was laying on my side and did not correct the cartesian rotation of the image but if you rotate the image 90 degrees clockwise you can see the result as inPage 1
I'm having trouble uploading this image as I saved it as a word document. I will convert this to PDF and reload, I did not realize doc file types were not supported until to late. I have converted this for you guys to see sorry for the mixup!

Attachments

• Ricks Header Change.pdf
    135.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Hey Rick, that's freaking cool! I can't believe the temperature change. Not to mention those headers look great with the ceramic coating. Please PM me the company info and price details. Those heat renderings you posted are nothing I've ever seen before, very interesting. Defenitely worth the investment if you ask me. It was a pleasure, and Jon wanted me to thank you again too. Remember in the future, we are happy to help with anything you may need. Thanks again!

Oh I forgot to tell you I am also a certified thermographer; thanks to my job I was able to get this certification and this was a traceable high dollar camera means(calibrated) not a cheap reference only!

Last edited:
Back