• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Big thumbs-up to David McDavid NSX of Plano

I am adapting this from a post I recently added to the "new owner" thread because I wanted to let all of the Texas Primers know about an incredible experience I had with Jason, a service advisor at McDavid Acura in Plano.

I had flown to Dallas to purchase a car, but a "check engine" light cam on during the test drive. The car had been sericed at David McDavid Acura since new, so I called and was given to Jason. Jason informed me that Carl (the NSX tech who had worked on it for 20 years) would work me in. He told me the diagnosis would cost $120 and they would charge for any work done. In the meantime, he walked me through every record of the car that they had. Then
Jason let me go back with Carl as he walked around the car. I pointed out every concern I had and Carl fixed each one as it came up. Some clips had broken from the inner fenderwell covers. Carl explained that this is normal with age, got a box of clips, and replaced them. I pointed out a rattle coming from the rear spoiler and Carl said they needed to be adjusted from time to time. He proceeded to pop off the screw covers and fixed the rattle. He showed me how to properly open/close the doors and trunk. He answered any questions I had. Finally. he ran the diagnostic and told us faulty rear O2 censor needed to be replaced.

Unfortunately, McDavid Acura did not have one in stock so it would take until Monday to fix. I declined since we did not want to spend the weekend in Plano and walked back with Jason to settle up the bill. I was shocked when Jason told me they would not charge us for anything, including the diagnostic. I was even more shocked when they pulled the car around and it had been hand washed and prepped. I was so blown away that I asked Jason to take a picbure of my son and I with Carl.

Sorry for invading your region's board, but I did not want to let this act of kindness go unrecognized.

More details can be found in my original post.

Last edited:
Sorry i couldn't meet up with you in Rockwall, but it sounds like you were taken care of at McDavid. Carl is a very capable Acura Tech, I just wish the dealership offered a better work environment for their flagship car. Hope your trip went well, and that you've become better acquainted with the NSX.

Sorry i couldn't meet up with you in Rockwall, but it sounds like you were taken care of at McDavid. Carl is a very capable Acura Tech, I just wish the dealership offered a better work environment for their flagship car. Hope your trip went well, and that you've become better acquainted with the NSX.

They had a bay dedicated to NSX's with a unique lift. Mine was parked in the bay next to it since there was already an NSX occupying it. What is typical?

- - - Updated - - -

Great story, and nice to see a dealership that cares about the customer.

what is the proper way to close the doors?

You push on the door handle near the edge of the door, not the metal on the door.

How was the BBQ?

Last edited:
They had a bay dedicated to NSX's with a unique lift. Mine was parked in the bay next to it since there was already an NSX occupying it. What is typical?

If the condition of the area outside the bay, the lighting inside the bay and the location itself didn't get your attention maybe Acura used my lengthy evaluation to improve the dealership. The BBQ was great! :smile:
- - - Updated - - -

Back