• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Biker and car collides.... who's at fault here?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/abtKzLSTcUI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm voting biker.

The driver was counting the bug splats like a boss before checking up on the road splat.

Last edited:
What kind of idiot biker brake checks a car? Irrespective if the car was was being a "passhole" or not, the biker knows he's not going to win brake checking a car.

EDIT: and why do so many russians have dash cams?

Last edited:
Definitive anwser - Biker.

Without the dashcam it would be word vs word and the biker would win saying he slowed for any number of reasons (traffic, animal in road etc.). With camera its clear he stopped for no reason. While its an a-hole move to occupy the left lane, and maybe even illegal (some countries like Germany have strong "drive right" laws, you cant stop in the middle of the road and expect the other person to know/understand/react to avoid the collision.

Also, the bike had clearly passed the car. At that point using the "drive right" rules of the road, he should have accelerated away from the car or gotten out of the cars way. Instead he decided to block traffic in the left lane and got nailed.

----------
I love that the guy took his time getting out of the car, then checked his car over before checking on the biker.

Last edited:
What roads does everyone drive on where you can actually use the left lane as a passing lane only? Traffic is so congested that every single lane is usually full. It is virtually impossible to have a left lane used for passing only. In fact,the left lane during traffic hours are used as an HOV lane where I come from.

It looks like something may have been going on with the car and the bike prior to the bike passing the car. I don't think Russians are immune to road rage type of drama. Ultimately I think the biker was a fault. That's a painful lesson.

Well to be honest, he probably won't brake check anymore cars.:tongue:
What kind of idiot biker brake checks a car? Irrespective if the car was was being a "passhole" or not, the biker knows he's not going to win brake checking a car.

EDIT: and why do so many russians have dash cams?
What was the gesture he made as he passed then slowed down?

Last edited:
Just looks like road rage to me. Obviously the beginning of the confrontation was cut out, and since the driver is the owner of the video, I am guessing he was doing something illegal in that portion of the video (that was omitted).

Whoever started it, they obviously go back-and-forth for a while, and we start (the video) in the middle of the altercation.

From the video, I can see the driver tailgating the biker, and trying to pass on the left. You can also see the biker brake-check him, but it may be hard to tell since the brake lights are a little washed out, and the relative speeds still show that the car should have had time to stop.

The biker will clearly argue that the other guy was tailgating.

But yeah, the look on the driver's face when he exits to check his bumper is priceless.

*Edit*

On second viewing, it's hard to tell what is going on in the beginning before the crash. It can either be that the driver sped up to duck to the left of the biker, or the biker slowed down to brake-check him. I can't tell because his lights are modified and washed out in the video.

Either way, that biker needed to be put down. Even if the driver started it, brake-checking a car is just stupid.

Last edited:
What was the gesture he made as he passed then slowed down?

Man, I don't know. He's either flipping the driver off or the russian equivalent. It can't be a greeting of friendship and fidelity.

^I would've let him try in my daily too - its a 1 Ton F350, lol. I hate assholes like that. I would've been on the horn with the police to inform them of it as well as hand over the evidence so they could charge him with it. I don't know how they take road rage in CA, but when I lived in WA it was no joke.

I don't know what you guys know, but here in California, it's always the guy from behind is at fault.

Here is a compilation of reasons of why so many Russians have dash cams.

But going back to this video, it just seems like an extremely bad judgement call on the biker for brake checking a car. Just a terrible way to vent his frustration for a driver clogging the left hand passing lane. Fly on by the guy, or slow down and shoot him the bird. On a bike there really arent many other options.

Complete a-holes who deserve to be run over and killed and left on the road. The more of this stuff that happens the more i can see the need for a Go-Pro camera in the daily driver just to protect yourself from these fools. Especially if you drive in the urban (read: ghetto) area where they do not work and just steal and scam to survive.

Here is a compilation of reasons of why so many Russians have dash cams.

Holy crap. I never knew. I've heard of insurance fraud with vehicles but not people throwing themselves, in spite of potential loss of life and limb, at moving vehicles. Idiots.

Back