• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein Shocks & Dali Bilstein Adjustable Coilover Kit Installation

Hello All,

I am finally ready to install a set of Bilstein Shocks, Dali Bilstein Adjustable Coilover Kit and an Ark DT-X Exhaust System on my car.

Does anyone have tips on the suspension installation?

The ride height is what I'm concerned about and any complications that arise from that. I am running the following wheels and tires:

Fronts: 18 x 7.5 with 37 mm Offset with 225 x 35 ZR18
Rears: 19 x 9.5 with 45 mm Offset with 275 x 30 ZR19

I don't want to drop the car more than one inch. Is there anyway of knowing how to initially set the heights or is it just plain common sense and measuring?

Any feedback on how to make this process smooth would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Dave

I'm Running the same suspension setup, and almost the same setup for wheels. I've got Volk LE-28N 17's & 18's, but I can't see you having issues with the 18's & 19's. Pretty straight forward installation. Setup can be difficult, the correct way would to be have the car corner ballanced and alignment after you install the suspension. I haven't done this yet, I kept changing the ride height until I was happy with it. For now I wound up taking the ratio stock height and applying it to the coil over adjustment. My car is about 1.5 inch drop all the way around. You'll love the suspension feel over OEM, quite simply handles and looks amazing. :biggrin:

I also have the Ark DT-X exhaust looks and sounds nice. Had some fitment problems with mine, but hopefully will have it sorted out soon.

Here is what it looks like recently

7225IMG_2503-med.JPG

Back