• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bionic hand

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_qUPnnROxvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
That is really cool, it is amazing how well it works at picking up eggs and even holding the shells.

I believe in our lifetime they will be able to tie into the signals from our brain and allow even more precise movement. Just thinking about moving your hand would have the same effect whether you have an original or prosthetic limb. Who knows at some point people might elect to have artificial limbs implanted.

That is really cool, it is amazing how well it works at picking up eggs and even holding the shells.

I believe in our lifetime they will be able to tie into the signals from our brain and allow even more precise movement. Just thinking about moving your hand would have the same effect whether you have an original or prosthetic limb. Who knows at some point people might elect to have artificial limbs implanted.

Yes this stuff has always fascinated me. I knew a guy that designed stuff like this and actually had some in his shop, but will probably never see the light of day due to costs. I don't think it's that far away that we will see exactly what you are describing. They are doing crazy stuff in that field.

Amazing!!!

I had a nightmare after watching a Japanese samurai film once - where a cruel samurai prince cut off the arms and legs of a Japanese woman, and the woman was reduced to a crying baby for the rest of her life. Something like this would definitely allow a person like that to regain some freedom.

Technology is quite amazing.

You saw 13 Assassins too!!?!?!?
Thanks for the reminder...
How am I going to go to sleep now! :rolleyes:

PS: That poor person would have been long dead from bleeding to death and/or infection ...

Last edited:
Back